please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
Author: Survive-Pi

OrangePi Plus OctoPrint and 3D Printer

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-10-31 11:55:31 | Show all floors
What is this? I don't remember anything like this before...

kernel, script.bin and /lib/modules updated, please REBOOT.
===========================================================

orangepi@OrangePI:/usr/local/bin$ shutdown -r now
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.login1.reboot ===
Authentication is required for rebooting the system.
Authenticating as: orangepi
Password:

(process:1049): GLib-WARNING **: GChildWatchSource: Exit status of a child process was requested but ECHILD was received by waitpid(). Most likely the process is ignoring SIGCHLD, or some other thread is invoking waitpid() with a nonpositive first argument; either behavior can break applications that use g_child_watch_add()/g_spawn_sync() either directly or indirectly.
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ===

Looks like FreeDesktop stole my password...
Orange Pi Plus

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-10-31 16:54:56 | Show all floors
Survive-Pi replied at 2015-10-30 19:55
What is this? I don't remember anything like this before...

This is something unrelated to Octoprint too :-D
I think it is some kind of desktop environment issue. If it works – just ignore it (since you're not using a GUI, do you?..)

You don't need a FileZilla to transfer a file if it's already on a SD card. You only need it if you've transferring it TO the SD card and do now want to shut down your OrangePi :-)

And you actually can access your boot partition from SSH terminal, but since it's a little bit advanced and unrelated topic – let's just leave it as it is

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-11-1 13:01:33 | Show all floors
toxuin replied at 2015-10-31 01:54
This is something unrelated to Octoprint too :-D
I think it is some kind of desktop environment is ...

Actually that warning was in the middle of the octoprint install. No GUI. No camera. Click start camera, green happy message. Click stop, red error message, can't find anything to stop. Looking for my old usb web cam.   Thanks.
Orange Pi Plus

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-11-1 14:28:28 | Show all floors
Edited by toxuin at 2015-10-31 22:30
Survive-Pi replied at 2015-10-31 21:01
Actually that warning was in the middle of the octoprint install. No GUI. No camera. Click start c ...

Red error message "nothing to stop" means streaming server (mjpg-streamer) was not started properly.
Do you see camera on /dev/video0? You can try to start your camera manually and debug the parameters you need to start the streamer.
Do the
  1. sudo su octoprint
  2. cd ~/mjpg-streamer
  3. nano run.sh
Copy code
This script consists of just two or three lines. First is saying that all plugins are stored in current folder, second is actually the line you want to change.
Copy both lines somewhere like notepad and run the first line once
  1. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.
Copy code
then, run the second line, but delete the -b key (that makes streamer run in the background).
You should see something like this:
  1. MJPG Streamer Version: svn rev:
  2.   i: Using V4L2 device.: /dev/video0
  3.   i: Desired Resolution: 640 x 480
  4.   i: Frames Per Second.: 1
  5.   i: Format............: YUV
  6.   i: JPEG Quality......: 80
  7.   o: output folder.....: ./tests
  8.   o: input plugin.....: 0: ./input_uvc.so
  9.   o: delay after save..: 5000
  10.   o: ringbuffer size...: no ringbuffer
  11.   o: command...........: disabled
Copy code
(this isn't my actual output, just a referrence what you should expect. Do not look on values – they're not relevant for this case).
If you have any error there it will be pretty descriptive. Maybe you'll get an error about stream format – try adding -y key (this is actually very bad. Means camera does not support MJPG mode and poor little Pi needs to do conversion for every frame. Better replace camera if possible).
Once you'll find a right configuration line to start the streaming server you can add the -b key back to it and replace the second line in the ~/mjpg-streamer/run.sh.

Oh, by the way you can kill the streaming server with Ctrl-C. And you don't have to retype the long command again, just press up arrow on the keyboard and do the changes.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-11-13 12:33:38 | Show all floors
Edited by Survive-Pi at 2015-11-12 22:11
toxuin replied at 2015-10-31 23:28
Red error message "nothing to stop" means streaming server (mjpg-streamer) was not started properly ...

Hi! Just got back from 2 weeks of work. Trying your cam tips... from comments on camera thread doesn't look like I will be able to make it work but here goes...

Step one... do I need to copy lines,, or just comment out lines? And then I don't see a -b option...

Results of nano run.sh

#!/bin/sh
cd /home/octoprint/mjpg-streamer

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.
nohup ./mjpg_streamer -i "input_uvc.so -d /dev/video0 -r 640x480 -f 30" -o "output_http.so -n -p 8080" </dev/null $

And I have no idea how to "run line one", "run line two"...
And did I need to do something to CuraEngine to make it executable? Doesn't do anything, isn't a directory,...

Thanks again.
Orange Pi Plus

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-11-16 10:45:02 | Show all floors
mjpg-streamer won't work with this camera module/driver combination.

mjpg-streamer wants a MJPEG or YUV image stream from the camera. Unfortunately, it looks like the implementation of the driver for this camera module does not let it enter that mode. The only mode that works is UYVY mode which the motion software does support. The driver  for this module from Android appears to be a better/more complete implementation but it is not ready to be compiled for this platform(due to android specific dependencies in the code).

For now your best off using motion to stream video from this module (or getting a different webcam if you really want to use mjpg-streamer).

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-11-16 11:23:30 | Show all floors
cyberkni replied at 2015-11-15 19:45
mjpg-streamer won't work with this camera module/driver combination.

mjpg-streamer wants a MJPEG or ...

Thank you for the clear explanation! Thank you!
Orange Pi Plus

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-12-9 16:05:23 | Show all floors
Hello all. I have to thank all the contributors to this thread as it has helped me immensely.

I now have Octoprint running on my OrangePi. The only issue I am having is getting it to do anything other than an Auto connect for the serial connection (USB). I can not get it to connect to any of my printers as it only gives the Auto option and fails every time no matter what I try. Any ideas?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-2-4 18:27:57 | Show all floors
Hello,
i have installed this are when i will slice it show only 0% ?
how is the problem?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-10-14 00:56:53 | Show all floors
Thank you very much for this guide, it worked perfect.

/Krister
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list