View: 5198|Reply: 2

I was scared before I got my Orange pi

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-10-28 12:18:50 | Show all floors |Read mode
While it was being shipped, I read that USB ports didn't all work, the CPU overheats, only 3 cores run -one shuts down, memory problems, etc. I have not seen any of those problems using the Ubuntu image. I've given it a pretty good work out and looked at htop occasionally and seen no problems other than a configuration problem that I posted earlier. Are these problems hardware related, or do some images have problems? I was thinking about trying the Raspian image, but I read that is where the problems with USB ports not working are.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-10-28 13:44:46 | Show all floors
Raspian is a bad image.  Orange PI PC has different hardware than a raspberry PI.  Many of the applications will not work on the Orange Pi because of the differences.  As far as the CPU and memory problems I think everyone is working to make the operating systems work better.  I haven't had time to try all of the images yet you have to do more configuration and really most distros seem to be very similar with a few exceptions.  I'm using the orange pi PC mate version for my Linux daily driver and the ZIDOO X1 image for my android Media Center.  Good Luck and have fun.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-11-12 08:46:59 | Show all floors
and of course some tiny tweaks hardware side like this maybe it will help , good luck buddy  
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list