Author: matsumo

CNC machine / 3D printer

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-12-15 06:30:21 from mobile | Show all floors
What about the axis motors is there working gpio library yet.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-12-15 07:20:18 | Show all floors
Edited by matsumo at 2015-12-16 06:24

as i have not worked with pi's before, breaking new ground here personally, i got a lot of inspiration from looking at majsi's Small GPIO lib

i was worried initially about speed, but there is no problem maxing out my drivers at 15k pulses / second on three axis simultaneously. actually since i am driving the steppers on only 12V, max pulses per second is around 5.000 anyway. but that is fast enough, almost 4000mm/min with half micro-stepping and 5mm pitch ball screws.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-5-1 08:37:24 | Show all floors
maybe this thread is dead, but this theme is interesting for me. i thing the best way to build firmware for placing directly on so big and powerful hardware is writing it on a scripting language. python for example. this gives good possibilities to extend it in future in very comfortable way.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-8-24 05:46:08 | Show all floors
Edited by faris at 2017-8-24 16:42
bhgv replied at 2016-5-1 08:37
maybe this thread is dead, but this theme is interesting for me. i thing the best way to build firmw ...

I think the right way is using opi to pilote a cnc via an arduino cnc shild grbl-flashed. because linux`s jobs is  managed  like as an OS where  we can talk about interpts rules that can stop the output while the job is running. actually I`m workking in  the same  project where i`m planning  to let arduino manage the X and Y axes with the laser cutter power on-off and communicate with the serial port with opi. my CNC machine is for woven cutting and engraving with 800mmx800mm  as a work space .orange pi is for controlling arduino with gcode sender and to give another fonctionnality (wireless connecting, video steamming,Telemetry.....).
building bfirmware is a problem of time.if there is somme one intersted by this project please contact me,

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-12-11 20:48:17 from mobile | Show all floors
@faris hi and sorry for later reply. you are correct. for now i did a couple different cnc machines (both milling and laser). separate cnc controller on avr or other low power controller is better. to receive some functions, after longtime disputes with bcnc and other cnc-sender teams, i wrote my own sender (https://github.com/bhgv/lua.gcode.sender). now i have a highly configurable cnc sender with possibilities: check-resend on error, select wrong line in the embedded gcode editor, regular and graphical search/replace, runtime gcode modifying by scripts (very useful with lasers - replace z+/z- by m5/m3), plugin system, very modificable and portable sources, easy to add other cnc controller. now it is avr-grbl-0.9. i use it for both milling and laser (mostly for route PCBs with uv-laser)

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-12-11 20:58:37 from mobile | Show all floors
@faris i thing, wireless is not a problem completelly using espressif products. video.. any secure cam? but the theme is interesting. write me how is it your project?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2021-7-24 21:37:48 | Show all floors
Metal printing is not currently available for home printers. Small-volume Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) equipment cost roughly $300,000, you can check reviews at printerhow.com but large units cost millions of dollars. I have some experience with EOS brand machines, and they don't use G-code, which is fascinating.

If you don't have the funds to print directly in metal, you may invest cast utilizing pieces printed on less expensive printers. PLA and Nylon12 (popular materials in Selective Laser Sintering) burn away cleanly, as do many SLA resins; 3D Systems has ones specifically engineered for this. This is frequently a more cost-effective choice than printing diaries.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2022-5-15 03:58:26 | Show all floors
Thanks for the information, it helped me
Return to list Post new posts
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list