Author: swordfish6975

Openelec Build for OPI PC and 2 now with HW decoding

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-5-26 22:09:36 | Show all floors
Here's a link to OpiPC image built today with media_build disabled and swapped firmware for my model of the IT9135 DVB-T dongle (talked about it here and here).

https://mega.nz/#F!QZdBVYyC!DBRDQTBpPMFzkxnSklHtCw

Anybody having issues with the video image randomly cutting in and out? I know I have to do a little turn off/on dance on my LG monitor to make OpenELEC display any image at all but it's fine if it "catches on" once, but on my Samsung 4K TV it randomly cuts in and out (not very often but often enough to be very annoying and it happens not only while video is playing), I don't even know the proper term for what is happening, but it makes the experience useless on a TV

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-5-26 23:38:23 | Show all floors
tomaszd replied at 2016-5-26 22:09
Here's a link to OpiPC image built today with media_build disabled and swapped firmware for my model ...

Yup, that's what in the thread was refered as "full-frame" artifacts.

In the meantime there's a workaround that I found: change in your display settings the refresh rate to 30Hz and everthing is solved.
No clue where it came from, but something changed between 28/04 and now. I'm actually suspecting that it might be a kernel issue.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-26 23:47:53 | Show all floors
giaur500 replied at 2016-5-25 22:07
Hi,

So how is it? Can you see any chance to fix vsync issue?

As I said, vsync will be solved with new renderer, but I don't have a lot of time for OPi, so it's progressing slowly. I will publish test build as soon as I will have something to show/test.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-26 23:49:44 | Show all floors
andreq replied at 2016-5-26 01:28
Is there any plan to release pre-built image for OPI PC Plus?

Am I wrong thinking it's a simple .F ...

It is, eventually. I think fex changes should be enough. You don't have to build image from scratch for that, unless you want to have latest updates.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-26 23:54:29 | Show all floors
tomaszd replied at 2016-5-26 15:09
Here's a link to OpiPC image built today with media_build disabled and swapped firmware for my model ...

Maybe I or you can publish forked dvb-firmware repo with updated FW and include it in next build, so all users would benefit? I really don't have any experience about DVB stuff...

I can't test 4K resolution, so I really I can't do anything about that. Maybe you can record a video of your tv to see what kind of issue it is?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-5-27 01:38:38 | Show all floors
Edited by tomaszd at 2016-5-27 02:20
jernej replied at 2016-5-26 23:54
Maybe I or you can publish forked dvb-firmware repo with updated FW and include it in next build,  ...

I don't have much experience with the dvb-firmware stuff, I just replace the single firmware file for my specific dvb-t dongle hardware revision in the dvb-firmware archive, recalculate the md5sum of the archive and compile with "media_build" removed from H3 project's options. Really basic steps that I'm not sure anyone would benefit from except the few people who use the same old stupid dvb-t dongle that I do. And the firmware I need turns out is an older version of the one that is already packaged, so it's not really an "update" ;)

As for the 4K Samsung TV screen flashing issues, OpenELEC was running at 1080p60 when I was testing it out, so it wasn't a 4K resolution-related issue. I'll try getting the issue on camera.

Edit: I've changed to a different HDMI cable and the issue is gone. Quite picky hardware.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-5-27 23:25:20 | Show all floors
jernej replied at 2016-5-26 23:49
It is, eventually. I think fex changes should be enough. You don't have to build image from scratc ...

I've tried modifying some of the H3 project files to add OpiPcPlus target and I'm hitting a wall at the DTB file for PC-Plus.
Am I supposed to generate the Orange-Pi-PC-Plus DTB file myself?

On a side note, if you have any link/quick explenation how to "push" my modified FEX on a prebuild image, that surely would be way easier

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-28 03:41:31 | Show all floors
The easiest way would be to take existing image close to your configuration, like PC (?) and then only change opipc.fex. I'm in the middle of restructuring code so it would be easy to support new boards. Please be aware that none of the image supports new wifi chip included on the newer boards (I'm on it).

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-5-28 09:03:04 | Show all floors
I'll give this a try. Let me know if you need a PC Plus tester, I'll probable receive mine in 3-4 weeks.

Other than that, I'll read up on the Wifi module and see if I can help.

Btw, thanks for your hard work!

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-29 01:28:42 | Show all floors
Hi,

I have still had a problem with hdmi output opiplus and LG TV - 50PZ570S in latest build. from time to time there is a ugly line on the screen and the HDMI video disappearing for few milliseconds as a plugetoff.  It happens not regulary  dozen seconds even sometimes after 2 - 3 minutes. It was started after 24.04 build some video driver has been changed ? Previoysly I had image from February and nothing like this not happened. I decided to migrate because of auto update and power button and nowit works but on Opiplus there is no possibility to usage OpenElec becouse of that video driver. I traied all resolutions but only higest i and p with refresh 24 working but with this dis-functionality, other resolutions looks as 3D or black screen I am getting. Is there any reason of that problem in build ?
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list