Author: bharathram21391

Open-source TV box using Orange Pi Plus 2

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-12-4 17:41:12 | Show all floors
@Kortsen
maybe you did not understand, you can boot android/linux/linux-mainline with any H3-devices that has a micro-sdcardslot it makes no difference.
"Fun" is the same.

Boards:
orangepi plus, olinuxino A20, cubieboard A10, mele A2000 .....

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-7-14 11:18:22 | Show all floors
I like the idea.  I am one who says 'why buy it when I can make it myself??'  Regardless of the price (and the fact that a MODERATOR is arguing with you) I think it will be a worthwhile project.  If you already have the hardware, I say go for it.  I recently put together a kick-ass HTPC with a custom case and used parts off of Ebay, but in the end I spent over $200.  My son has an Nvidia Shield TV box (Black Friday special that was less than $200) that I really think I would rather be using.  But that's not the point here.  The point is that I can say that "I MADE IT MYSELF!!".  The tech community is such a small part of the world's population, and the majority of that population doesn't even know how to do simple 'tech' actions (it's been a long time joke about setting the time on the VCR).  For example, a distant relative of mine screwed up something on his TV, couldn't find a "RESET TO DEFAULT" option (either that or just didn't know what it means) so he just went out and bought a new TV.  I just had a guy GIVE me 4 working BRAND NAME cordless drills (with batteries and chargers) just because the battery terminals weren't making contact, so to him they were junk.  He just bought new ones.  I will say though, my 11 year old son would rather make his own media center device than buy one, and it's encouraging to see that kind of ambition in our next generation...

Use magic report

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2016-11-13 15:22:47 | Show all floors
Edited by Tina at 2016-11-13 15:24
fritz replied at 2015-11-9 20:37
Ahh,forgot to write why I have chosen a OTT H3 Box and not orange pi plus/2/PC.
It's the SPDIF out f ...

Thanks Fritz,
If you do not have a TV with spdif out you could use a HDMI switch with spdif out ;)
Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

Use magic report

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-10-18 12:08:13 | Show all floors
its really an amazing idea

Use magic report

threads

credits

Novice