View: 3479|Reply: 7

angry

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-11-16 03:42:20 | Show all floors |Read mode
must say this thing sucks no opering systems work on it lack of support it is not anything like pi2 waste of my money because android img wont work even with phonix card

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-11-18 05:30:26 | Show all floors
you don't know how to set it up,
first install some kind of linux as a second operating sistem on your pc (its ganna become usefull)
the fallow this tutorial http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... wthread&tid=342
if you can't fallow that simple instructions,you shouldn't ove bought orange pi
if you have any questions post them on the forum,someone will help you out
Also "White" is not a nationality
and "wilsons chevy cadillac" is not yours

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-11-18 08:12:19 | Show all floors
In the first 3 days that I owned my Orange Pi PC I had test-driven 3 Android images and a Linux distro. I spent most of the first day reading these forums and getting it to boot for the first time then spent 2 days exploring what it can do. These are hobbyist boards and you should not expect them to work perfectly out of the box. The Orange Pi community is younger and smaller (for now) than the Raspberry Pi community. I'm quite happy that I'm on the bleeding edge with hardware that rewards me for my efforts to use my head and do a lot of research to make it do what I want it to do for half the price of a RasPi and a quarter the price of an Android box like the Zidoo.

PS:
Also "White" is not a nationality
and "wilsons chevy cadillac" is not yours
WTF!?!?!?  

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-11-18 15:28:01 | Show all floors
"Also "White" is not a nationality
and "wilsons chevy cadillac" is not yours"

check crazypipi's profile

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-11-19 08:59:51 | Show all floors
I have tried a few image files I  want android but man it is tough to get and keep

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-11-19 09:14:18 | Show all floors
can anyone help me with a android image ?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-11-23 00:54:54 | Show all floors
The fact of the matter is this board isn't ready for prime time if for no other reason than software support.  Specifically, it's no replacement for the rasberry pi if you are looking for a less expensive device to run kodi on.  Due to the video driver, the only option is andriod and it's just not as good as something like osmc on the rpi b v1 even despite better hardware.  It is true you can install android and debian, ubuntu but the state of the video driver makes this less than desirable as a box to run kodi on.

I would only recommend the opi pc for those wanting an sbc for purposes other than a media center.  The amount of effort to get it setup just isn't worth the difference in price compared to the rpi or odroid-c1.  Furthermore once you do get it installed it just doesn't run as well as either the odriod-c1 or the rpi.  Until you see the rate of these types of complaints decline in the forums, do yourself a favor and get an rpi.

If you are ok with running android and want something other than an rpi, i recommend an odriod-c1.  Better android support.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-9-3 00:06:47 | Show all floors
I remember the time figuring everything out about Raspberry Pi with other students in our dorm, it was actually interesting. Of course, we still had to write assignments like enders game essays, but thanks to https://studymoose.com/literature/enders-game-book, it wasn't complicated at all, and we could do what was truly capturing our attention.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list