[Idea] A wiki for beginners

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-2-2 07:23:35 | Show all floors
beta replied at 2016-2-1 13:15
Ok guys, so, to make this process a little faster, I've fired up a DokuWiki instance at Openshift, a ...

I would like to lob a complaint: no e-mails are forthcoming and as such can't register. Hope you can fix it soon

Use magic report

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-2-2 07:36:16 | Show all floors
shahe_ansar replied at 2016-2-2 06:22
Wow, I feel like I'm being left out here ;-;
But I guess we'll go the way suggested by beta. I'll st ...

Well, you were trying to ride up a personal project at the community's expense. Creating a custom Wiki-platform from scratch would almost certainly be a very learning project and I do wish you luck with it, but the community is better served with a platform that can be used now so the community can start writing content already instead of waiting however long it would take you to get your platform up to snuff. The content can always be moved to another platform in the future if need be.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-2-2 13:07:53 | Show all floors
WereCatf replied at 2016-2-2 07:23
I would like to lob a complaint: no e-mails are forthcoming and as such can't register. Hope you c ...

Maybe a spam filter caught it? It works with my private gmail addresses and my work email too. Anyway I sent a new password to you, let's hope it is going to be delivered this time..

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-2-2 13:33:40 | Show all floors
shahe_ansar replied at 2016-2-2 06:22
Wow, I feel like I'm being left out here ;-;
But I guess we'll go the way suggested by beta. I'll st ...

I understand you want to help the community shahe_ansar, but this wiki is already very late. It should have been created months ago, not months from now.. In case you want to help to configure the site I can give you admin access, just throw me a message.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-2-2 14:33:59 | Show all floors
beta replied at 2016-2-2 13:07
Maybe a spam filter caught it? It works with my private gmail addresses and my work email too. Any ...

Nope, the e-mails aren't arriving at that address at all. I have obviously checked the spam-folders multiple times, but there's nothing new there, either. Either the mail is getting lost between the servers or not going out at all, but I don't really have any way of testing that as I'm just the final destination for the mail.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-2-2 15:17:41 | Show all floors
WereCatf replied at 2016-2-2 07:33
Nope, the e-mails aren't arriving at that address at all. I have obviously checked the spam-folder ...

In my experience dropping emails without a reason is not unexpected from that particular email provider (which I'm not revealing here). Anyway I'm going to look into that. In the meantime I've set a new password for you and gonna send it in pm soon.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-3-2 23:39:38 | Show all floors
larson9999 replied at 2016-1-11 00:10
I've given up on this board.  Community support is nice and all but it's never going to be enough.   ...

Larson, I totally understand your feelings on this. I have an OPI PC and Odroid-C1. While I did struggle with many issues on the Opi PC (including heat issues), I have to say that it forced me to learn more about script.bins, fex files and linux in general.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-3-4 09:12:53 | Show all floors
Two weeks ago I didn't know a damn thing about orange or raspberry pi stuff, but i do know,... I want to learn coding and languages, and build cool stuff, So thanks to tutorials out there I have managed to get two os'es up and running , ubuntu mate  and Android with kodi...Now on to more thing's that couldn't be possible without someones help and tutorials.... So Yes please Keep the TuT's flowing like a river, one day it will drain into the vast lake of knowledge we call tech....Maybe there is a way round Moore's Law???....We just haven't got that tutorial yet...
I am dyslexic to a fault.. I have to learn everything backwards then forwards.. to get it right...
So without tutorials and General Help forums I would be that much farther behind.....
Regardless of what I know or learned the hard way,(for me damn near everything computer Related That is)
Anyways Some people say screw em if they cant learn it themselves, and that's one reason we live in a messed up society today because everyone says man it took me years to learn that stuff and you just want me to give it up to you....for free.... noway man....
Sorry I hope I will never be like that guy....
Everything I learn I freely pass on to others, if for no other reason than to give me the freedom to learn more things, because if you know what I know, then I don't have to stop learning..., to fix your stuff, you'd know how to do it yourself:...So I could focus on other things....Like learning more cool stuff....
What's my Blood Type?? Human....

Use magic report

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-3-4 09:22:01 | Show all floors
Edited by iamme at 2016-3-4 09:24

Just Remember How Easy is Easy to You....
For me it's an education every time I get on one of these forums, learning new terms and things.....How to do stuff, without knowing all the details of the thing your trying to make or do.....The more explaining the better for noobs and beginners like me... Less So for more experienced users..
By the By: I got one orange pi , and one raspberry pi 2 v1.1
What's my Blood Type?? Human....

Use magic report

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-4-6 14:34:10 | Show all floors
Hi, i started a Orange Pi wiki and is open to edit.
Please take a look:

http://wiki.orange314.com/Main_Page

Use magic report

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list