Author: hidemon

gpio test and leds

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-1-10 21:56:55 | Show all floors
You should be root to run modrobe, so type 'su -' first.  Looks like you are root.

Then try to locate the modprobe command with 'which modprobe' (probably /sbin/modprobe but it could be elsewhere depending what Linux image you have).

Once you'll have found the location, you can use the full path of the command to launch it, e.g. '/sbin/modprobe', just in case the location isn't in $PATH.

Last resort, if you really think you don't have that command, run (as root) 'updatedb' (takes a while), then 'locate modprobe' to check.

Check your $PATH too.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-1-11 00:29:27 | Show all floors
root@OrangePI:~# /sbin/modprobe gpio-sunxi
root@OrangePI:~# echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA1/data
-su: /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA1/data: No such file or directory

Now the essue is that it not recognise the instruction.
I`m runnig Lubuntu 15.04 by Jacer. What does you use?

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-1-11 09:32:53 | Show all floors
Edited by phreon at 2016-1-11 09:34

I use loboris debian 8, both the older one and his newest.
This should not matter as modprobe is in most every distro you will see in the Opi forums. Not including android.
Did you actually locate modprobe?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-1-13 00:30:29 | Show all floors
yes I can see modprobe inside sbin as you said earlier.
root@OrangePI:/# sbin/modprobe gpio-xunsi
modprobe: FATAL: Module gpio-xunsi not found.

Now prompted another issue. I figured out everything is related with gpio it was already loaded.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-1-13 04:43:39 | Show all floors
Not sure what your new issue is.
Did you get modprobe to work?
Can you turn on and off a pin as I told you in my earlier post?
If you can turn on a LED you have working GPIO.
Published in 2024-2-24 21:10:36 | Show all floors
Swiftly this web site can unquestionably become popular between almost all blogging and site-building folks, due to its meticulous posts or perhaps critiques.        jun88
Published in 2024-3-2 21:50:14 | Show all floors
I do accept as true with all of the ideas you have offered for your post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very short for newbies. May you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.        đăng ký 69vn
Published in 2024-3-7 21:03:19 | Show all floors
You sure do know what youre talking about. Man, this blog is just great! I cant wait to read more of what youve got to say. Im really happy that I came across this when I did because I was really starting to get bored with the whole blogging scene. Youve turned me around, man!        lifting facial no quirurgico
Published in 2024-3-7 23:08:25 | Show all floors
It is besides an ideal piece of writing i just absolutely cherished contemplating. Its nope day-to-day i just support the successful opportunity to observe an item.        Avaliador Premiado
Published in 2024-3-9 00:10:42 | Show all floors
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon.        roof cleaning dundee
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list