please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
Author: jeevasv

Fix the Orange Pi Forum Server, Verification mails also getting delayed/lost.

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-1-22 01:21:05 | Show all floors
I also received no verification email. Today I was verified probably manually by admin, thanks!

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-1-22 01:40:12 | Show all floors
beta replied at 2016-1-22 01:21
I also received no verification email. Today I was verified probably manually by admin, thanks!

No, you get read/write permissions after having logged in for 3 days. That's how I got in here, too, eventually.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-1-22 03:07:22 | Show all floors
WereCatf replied at 2016-1-21 15:02
I don't think trying to highjack a specific distro's forums would be the right approach, the Orange  ...

Making all possible Linux distrubitions on the same (more or less static) kernel base also doesn't bring any good. It looks like something is going on, but in fact all products share same bugs and limitations.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-1-22 08:50:43 | Show all floors
igorpec replied at 2016-1-22 03:07
Making all possible Linux distrubitions on the same (more or less static) kernel base also doesn't ...

I do not understand how that is relevant.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-1-22 19:56:27 | Show all floors
Everything related to OPi is broken to some extent? ;)

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-1-22 21:50:54 | Show all floors
zgoda replied at 2016-1-22 19:56
Everything related to OPi is broken to some extent? ;)

Hmmm..... we gunna need a LOT of duct-tape.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-1-25 09:36:55 | Show all floors
Edited by jeevasv at 2016-1-25 14:17

I don't think anything is broken. It's all a matter of perspective.

igorpec: For a device how many kernel base you need? I don't understand the intention of your comment. We all know mainline work is going on faster than ever and will be ready for headless use very soon. The main issues with the 3.4 kernel other than being old is lack of firmware loading support and few other glitches. Already firmware loader backport patch is available in the openelec repository and it works well every one using openelec is able to use wifi drivers which requires fw loading without downgrading the systemd.

If you really want to support, support by backporting patches and then by creating a distro with everything integrated gpu, vpu drivers and libs and create a beutiful useful distro. Already few guys have done integrating gpu and vpu. And another major thing will be to create a working kodi with libvdpau support so that people who wants to use a full distro as well as kodi can do so.

This thread is just for helping people to get the starting bits easily even if this forum is slow.

And as such I don't think this forum is totally broken. It is performing very slow during a particular time zone due to high activity.

So please don't try to hijack the thread and also do not pour your negative energies.

If you want to criticize please go ahead. But before that you make sure that you design, develop, manufacture and market a fully opensource sbc capable of 4k playback at $15, post that aliexpress/ebay link, source code download link, Schematics and distros in your header and footer. Then I will read your comment. If you don't have any of these look at your mirror and do a deep introspection - Either you are throwing ink in return for a favour to someone else / You are jealous/You are having serious hormone imbalance causing some real harmful chemicals to trigger some deep depressive hateful thoughts / You are not trained well as  kid to appreciate nice things and be courteous.

The only intention of this thread is to find positive constructive solution to create a parallel outlet for Orangepi resources and guides for newbies preferably on a public space whether it be xda, google groups, yahoo groups, or whatever practically possible to help users as well as to take some load off this one.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-1-25 11:46:00 | Show all floors
Either you are throwing ink in return for a favour to someone else / You are jealous/You are having serious hormone imbalance causing some real harmful chemicals to trigger some deep depressive hateful thoughts / You are not trained well as  kid to appreciate nice things and be courteous.

Wow, you're just dismissing criticism and then proceed with personal insults? The quality of discussion here just took another nose-dive.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-1-25 12:57:37 | Show all floors
WereCatf replied at 2016-1-25 11:46
Wow, you're just dismissing criticism and then proceed with personal insults? The quality of discu ...

I have seen enough criticism all across this forum and that is one of the reason why I thought it would be nice idea to get a parallel less obstructive channel running so that it would be helpful to new comers. And again criticism here then what is the point.
It is not an insult. Those are real facts and the basic reason why people resort to negative criticism without any real crux. I am just trying to logically explain the reasons and facts. If you find any thing wrong with the board or statements you factully state here and find a solution. If a board is not working board is not working. So  far I  haven't seen an OrangePI board as a bad product. So I am trying to explain the negative criticism. If you think any of my statements are wrong you explain me why I am wrong and happily accept appologize and erase my comment. No problem with that.

So let's come back to original discussion and make some progress.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-1-25 13:47:08 | Show all floors
First of all, yes, your claims are personal insults as you are saying there is something wrong with the person if they complain. Criticism can stem from a whole lot of things, including the quality of the product or the service themselves. Dismissing criticism under the blanket-excuse that there's something wrong with the person complaining instead of the product or the service is not only ignorant, but also obnoxious.

Secondly, you do not have to be a plumber to criticize the quality of installed pipeworks, just the same as you do not have to run a company to criticize how a company is run. Nothing would ever work if you had to be a woman in order to qualify for criticizing women, or a president in order to qualify for criticizing the government, or a car-manufacturer in order to qualify for criticizing the issues in your car -- claiming that you have to be or provide what you're complaining about yourself is another example of aforementioned ignorant and obnoxious attitude.

I will drop this topic here, but you should check your attitude and handling of criticism.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list