17' tablet (OPi normal)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-3-23 04:36:15 | Show all floors
Edited by KingNyx at 2015-3-23 04:37

I have a bunch of laptop screens, just sadly no driver boards Plus I want this too be VERY small. Ill be using it too program radios in the field. I dont have the orange pi either anyways (Assuming they actually sent it, cross mah fingers)

IF it had a express card slot I could, sadly it doesn't, so an external gpu wouldn't be possible. Since I could get 4 lanes going with an express card reader I could potentially have 70% of a gpu going.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-3-23 04:49:01 | Show all floors
Edited by gaara at 2015-3-23 12:56

You can find a driver board if you want ! That's I have done for 2 screens: this one, and another, 2 years ago. It still works ! Here is my build (in french, but there are pics): http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Har ... e-sujet_61066_1.htm
For the size, ok
And ok too for the IF !! (with some ifs we put Paris in a bottle.. lol)

Edit: for the TV, it's better in 720p... I can change the canal...Now I'm looking for an accelerometer, to play games :p
I have seen this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-MWC-ATMega328p-MPU6050w-USB-6-Axis-Gyro-accelerometer-Control-Sensor/1688063076.html
It's an usb device, because there's no support for gpio in BP Android (no app)

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-3-25 00:45:32 | Show all floors
I've looked into it, as I have a 1080p 12 inch screen I was going to use, but I couldnt find a driver board cheaper than fifty bucks. Which is why I went for a low res 7 inch screen

Plus the lower res with actually get me higher framerate in gpu intensive applications and extend my battery life so im not tooooo worried about it.

Im use to low quality screens. The only thing I need a high res screen for is my cellphone.

That accelerometer is actually really well priced considering it has USB connectivity.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-3-25 01:31:21 | Show all floors
Edited by gaara at 2015-3-24 18:48

Yes, but I'm afraid there's no drivers for Sunxi / A20 to use it. I've found some for Arduino but for arm ...In fact, it's a USB -> Serial -> Accelorometer board, so it needs at least 2 drivers.
I will see, for the price I have ordered one!

About the battery, do you think I must connect it via the SATA power connector, to have the gauge on the srceen, or on the normal input ?
I'm not sure that I can put 5V in this, because at this moment I'm using it for 5V output ! Don't understand this...

And what is this?

If you know how can I do, or how would you do...

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-3-25 11:59:23 | Show all floors
Ermmm I can remember that t3l3m4k0 said that the SATA power port is directly connected with the normal DC power input. Not sure what would be the outcome if you connect the battery to it. About the battery interface, am not certain that anybody has used 5v but 3.7v. Maybe you should give a try, but if you have only 1 board, never take the risk

Oh look here, i found this: About the chip.( i directly copied it xD)

Automatic gapless power source change (IPS - Intelligent Power Select)
Voltage range: 2.9 V - 6.3V (AMR:-0.3V-11V)
Configurable high efficient IPS system
Adjustable USB or AC-adapter current limit (4.4V/900mA/500mA/100mA)
Battery Power Path resistance less than 75mΩ

Fully integrated PWM Charger
Maximum charging current of up to 1.8A
Full support USB charging
Battary voltage range: 4.1V/4.15V/4.2V/4.36V
Battery temperature monitoring
Automatic charging process control
Support charger LED
Automatically adjust charge current according to system load

Backup battery
Support backup battery (can be used for RTC module)
Support for backup battery, charging current can be set

http://linux-sunxi.org/AXP209
Quack A Doodle Doo

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-3-25 17:25:57 | Show all floors
Edited by gaara at 2015-3-25 10:31

Thanks RaveenBouy,

Pfffiou....
It's complicated !
I have seen again the t3l3m4k0's pic and ok, I understand now. He had plugged his batt under the board, not in the sata power. (sorry for this mistake, I havn't read his comment)
So if I understand this, this input is planned for a 3.7V battery, but for a 3.7V current ? I mean, for exemple a 12V battery with a 3.7V step-down has a chance to work for the gauge ? I'm not sure...
I'm a little lost with this AXP209 datasheet, and I don't want to take any risk. So maybe I will not have any gauge, just the power bank leds indicator, and the classical input for power.

Anyway, all the battery configuration is in the fex file, in pmu_configuration section.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-3-26 00:43:07 | Show all floors
Oh god, don't connect it too the sata power, thats for the SSD.

The battery interface is where you want to connect it, but I have no idea if that will work considering I was either going to use 3.7V or cut open a usb cable and attach my leads to it too power my pi.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-3-30 18:16:13 | Show all floors
Edited by OrangePiLinux at 2015-3-30 18:17
gaara replied at 2015-3-23 04:49
You can find a driver board if you want ! That's I have done for 2 screens: this one, and another, 2 ...

Gaara you really cool dev--to make so beautifully big tablet... And nice wooden frame...

Amazing device. Awesome.

How many touches it can accept at one time? Did you try to test it in Multy touch check app on Android?

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-3-30 18:46:23 | Show all floors
Thanks !
I have used a thing like this for the foot:
it's cheap and it can exist in aluminium!
This second screen is for my desktop (no touch panel installed), and I can't imagine having just one screen now. It's very usefull

For the touch screen, unfortunately this is a resistive panel, so singletouch only. I didn't know the difference between resistive/capacitive before buy and try it... Now I know ! XD
I know also that capacitives/multitouchs are very expensive for this size, because another techno. I have bought mine 55$. So a 17' capacitive (I don't found a such panel) could be sold 100~150$ or more I think... It don't matter.

So there's some apps in Android to dezoom a map/photo. (for zoom, double touch is ok). I'm using the assistivezoom-pro app to do that.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-4-8 13:41:44 | Show all floors
http://www.instructables.com/id/ ... -relatively-cheap-/

I found a tutorial that might help you.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list