View: 2367|Reply: 48

OrangePi OS v0.0.6_beta

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2023-4-9 07:55:33 | Show all floors |Read mode
Following on from my previous thread regarding the OrangePi OS v0.0.5_beta, some feedback on v0.0.6.

Suffice to say that it is not worth anybody trying out as there is no discernable progress at all. In fact it is probably worse overall.

The windowed problems still exist, preventing real full screen access for any app.

There are no notifications available at all.

When playing Youtube content through Chrome there are continual artifacts during playback. There are also more dropped frames at 1080p and above than there should be.
Firefox fares better with no artifacts and better performance at 1080p and above, although still not as good as it could/should be.
Opera browser though, is a very different experience (albeit only when switching to the destop site from mobile) where 4k/60 is as flawless as you can reasonably get and out of 8000 tested frames, only 8 were dropped. An average drop of 1 per 1000 played. Silky smooth playback.

But, because of the wndowing problem, you cannot get full screen and therefore you still get a bar at the top of the screen, althugh with this release, you can't even see the close/maximise/minimise options. You have to move the mouse over them for a pop-up to appear. They are also in the wrong place.

After reboots, whatever display resolutio is set, it will sometimes appear as 4k/60, requiring a change and another reboot to show the one selected.

When closing a window there can be a longer delay than normally seen for the window/app to actually close.

So unfortunateky it seems that we have 0 real steps forward and 1 back, despite a larger image size.

Whoever is responsible for producing the images is clearly carrying out zero testing and just delivering on a wing and a prayer basis, which helps nobody.

It would also be good if the new bootloader could be integrated into the Android writing such that the default boot order is SD card, USB port, NVMe. This would allow the flashing of images to an NVMe but still retain the ability to boot from USB, which can now be attained by updating the bootloader using the official Ubuntu release. This is lost the moment that you flash Android.

This all singing and dancing OS falls flat on it's face on too many levels and is an embarrassing release.
Published in 2024-3-25 23:13:08 | Show all floors
Hi, have you previously wondered to create regarding Nintendo Dsi handheld?        mp4moviez
Published in 2024-3-26 04:10:31 | Show all floors
You sound so passionate about what you are writing. Keep up the good work.        i9bet
Published in 2024-3-26 11:22:00 | Show all floors
bike racks could really help you secure your bike when you leave it ~        Alo789
Published in 2024-3-27 09:43:46 | Show all floors
I rattling thankful to find this internet site on bing, just what I was searching for   as well bookmarked.        補習中介
Published in 2024-3-27 11:28:55 | Show all floors
The Notebook is of course one of Nick Sparks best tear jearker novel. Nick is really very talented guy;        Sakti188
Published in 2024-3-27 12:38:40 | Show all floors
Hello! I would like to provide a huge thumbs up for any excellent info you’ve here within this post. I will be coming back to your blog site for more soon.        https://w9bet.website/
Published in 2024-3-28 03:02:25 | Show all floors
I am glad that I discovered this blog, just the right information that I was looking for!        đăng nhập s689
Published in 2024-3-28 10:22:21 | Show all floors
I am forever thought about this, thank you for posting.        Link đăng nhập NOHU90
Published in 2024-3-29 03:10:11 | Show all floors
very nice submit, i definitely love this web site, keep on it        xem bóng đá trực tiếp cakhia
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list