Broken image download links

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-12-27 17:02:51 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi,

I wanted to download a server image for my fresh new PI PC2/H5 but unfortunately all the links on http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/ are broken. The google drive ones simply don't do anything (they link to j a v a s c r i p t : v o i d(0)) and the baidu links send to a page containing nothing but a counter saying there's 0 comment. I suspected a browser incompatibility so I tried from another PC with a different browser and got the same result. I managed to find a few non-official images provided by other users on the forum but I'd rather use the official ones. Please could someone check the download links and fix (or remove) the broken ones ?

Grrrr... And now the forum tells me "internal error" when I try to post :-(  Retrying without the js link above...

Thanks!
Willy

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-12-27 19:04:08 | Show all floors
Hello Willy,

i had the same problem. Have a look at the News pages on this forum.  There is a thread "Some images to download". The link given there will lead You to working images. I also gooled to "ARMbian. The orange pc version works fine on my orange pi zero.

Greetings,

Eduard

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-12-28 02:43:47 | Show all floors
Hi Eduard,

thank you very much, even after searching I missed that thread! Now the orangepi_pc2 directory is empty there, maybe because it's been more than a month since the files were uploaded. I'm seeing 8 1-GB files in H5 which I'm not sure are relevant or not, but it will take me a few days to retrieve all of them and that seems huge for a server image so I'll probably wait to know for their contents before trying to get them.

It seems amazing to me that it's so difficult to get the software for the hardware we've paid for!

BTW, regarding ARMbian, I've looked a bit at it already but for now they don't seem to have anything for pc2. In fact I'll only need a working kernel, its modules and the DTB, for the rootfs it's almost a detail that I can deal with.

Thanks!
Willy
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list