Author: TheLinuxBug

H3Droid - Android image developed specifically to work on Allwinner H3 devices

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-27 04:14:25 | Show all floors
I am not complaining, just been curious, because zram have it pluses in boards with less ram. But if there are issues, ok. I am trying H3Droid in OpiPlus2e, so memory is not an issue for me.
Anyway, i just test the new 1.3.2 version. Very nice work . Only had issues with image burning, before discover H3resc, which is very useful set of tools. Raw image write give me only color test screen and i'v notice there was no uboot and fex, set up, so i guess i had to go through H3resc anyway, but i burnt it directly. And setting image file, instead of device, wasn't working either ("could not get the size of ---.img", or some error like this). But this is not so important. Important is that OS is working fine, so far, so - good job. I just wonder for now, why there is second Power button (on the left of the actual) which appears to do nothing? I would prefer to have "reboot" there, for example, without the need of installing an App. And Power button doesn't look to be real poweroff (green led continue to lite).
Thank you for your time to doing this.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-27 13:18:01 | Show all floors
the second 'power' button is bound to 'TVPOWER' keycode, but it's not working (same story as tvpower on ir remote). and remember, whole project is work in progress, with some features added to be tested on before reaching fully functional.

ps. if you are happy with the image dont forget to support the project (either by spreading the word about it or throwing a beer or two via h3droid.com/donate  ;) )
dissatisfied with android on your H3 device? try again with https://h3droid.com/

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-10-28 22:28:57 | Show all floors
Hi all. H3Droid is a great project. I use it for a couple of hours and i notice that when i install Armbian, the image is for opi + 2E but my board is opi PC. Is this normal?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-28 23:09:31 | Show all floors
does it work? do you have any issues? if not, then yes. it is normal
dissatisfied with android on your H3 device? try again with https://h3droid.com/

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-10-28 23:49:20 | Show all floors

how to change the default IR control layout, I tried to rename to sunxi-ir.kl.bak and create a new one with the same name, but still with default layout

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-29 15:27:09 | Show all floors
please read the http://h3droid.com/faq

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-10-30 07:16:18 from mobile | Show all floors
tried version 1.3.2 on orange pi pc. the box will auto shut down after continuously  playing video for about 20 minutes. anyone  else observing what i had observed?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-30 12:47:07 | Show all floors
goondu replied at 2017-10-30 00:16
tried version 1.3.2 on orange pi pc. the box will auto shut down after continuously  playing video f ...

Hi goondu , what type of video were you playing ( size / video AND audio codec ) and with what software ( spmc, tvdplayer, ... ? ) . If your board is in a case : has it a heatsink and/or a fan , and would you mind to try outside of case then ?
As a general rules software crashes  happen in less than a minute.  memory leaks or hardware crashes on the long run.

These aren't the Droids you're looking for. . .You look for H3Droid !

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-10-30 18:59:54 | Show all floors
pmpp replied at 2017-10-30 12:47
Hi goondu , what type of video were you playing ( size / video AND audio codec ) and with what sof ...

Thanks for your response.My OrangePi PC was housed and tested in a casing.
I am now stress testing the video streaming with another OrangePi PC board [without a casing] with another sdcard. I will update my observation.

My first OrangePi PC board [with a casing] was now not with me, so I can't do further test. However the following were observed:
a. that the red on board led light will flicker every few seconds. [Unlike my second board, whereby I always have a solid green on board led light]
b. the video stop after continuously play for approximately 20 minutes [can only make further test, once I have the first board back]

I had streamed both live TV [via an Android app] and movies [via UC browser], and in both instances, the streaming will stop after having continuously played for a while. The casing is noticably warm.

Thanks

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-10-31 20:03:06 | Show all floors
Hi , I am using the official 5 inch lcd on orange pi pc plus . Could someone please guide me about how to get a touchscreen module  to work with it  . Please give me details about the touchscreen drivers that are supported in h3droid  and the connections if possible . Thank you for your help
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list