Author: tcmichals

Orangepi2/plus2/PC H3 Linux mainline support

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-2-18 00:24:46 | Show all floors
As far as I know, no one has got ethernet working yet.  

Soon, I will wear my kubernetes necklace of triumph.  -- except it's not going to be a kubernetes necklace of triumph.  It is going to be a github.com/klouds/kdaemon necklace of triumph!

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-3-22 15:41:58 | Show all floors
My opi pc has same 48 bogomips

opi-pc can have even more Bogomips than commercial 32-core processor based systems!

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-10-4 01:50:28 | Show all floors
Hi, I design a custom board using the H3. According to http://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining_effort#Status_Matrix only the EMAC and CSI are missing from the mainline kernel to run the expected applications on that board. But the WIP indication suggest that some peoples are already working on them.

For the EMAC I found this patch that seem to be already usable http://lists.infradead.org/piper ... ptember/455663.html Maybe there is a repository somewhere with a even more advanced version of this patch ?

For the CSI I have only found a patch for the clock. Did someone have more ? This is of special interest for me because on my design a use a FPGA to convert the MIPI CSI-2 two lanes of a image sensor into the DVP signals accepted by the H3 and this have obvious implication on the code used to configure the sensor by I2C. So If a get a chance to hack on a code that is likely hit the mainline, I will probably save time.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-10-8 23:49:05 | Show all floors
Edited by LinuXperia at 2016-10-8 23:56
jcdr replied at 2016-10-4 01:50
Hi, I design a custom board using the H3. According to http://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining_effor ...

Not sure if you have seen it but it looks like that for the CSI Work in Progress part M. Ripard is assigned.
For contacting him direct see his email here => https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linu ... me+Ripard&showmsg=1

He is also from what i see the one responsible to insert the sunxi patches to the mainline kernel source.

M. Ripard is now the official mainline Linux kernel maintainer of the Allwinner A1X SoC ARM subarchitecture (arch/arm/mach-sunxi/).

Would be great if you could tell him about the EMAC driver you linked to be inseted as fast as possible if it is proved to work!

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-10-14 14:44:50 | Show all floors

does anyone knows if anyone did the kernel corrections for midi support
????

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-12-13 03:02:20 | Show all floors
I'm not a negative person, but honestly i regret buying this so much.
Yesterday it crashed several times during streaming a tv-show to my android box.

The board felt quite warm, so i guess i already burnt my orange pi plus 2?
I have it 1 weekend, i've spent my weekend setting debian and omv up...and €50 down the drain

Am i the only one with this experience?

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-1-4 01:06:24 | Show all floors
Mikail replied at 2016-12-13 03:02
I'm not a negative person, but honestly i regret buying this so much.
Yesterday it crashed several t ...

Hey, i feel like you, maybe it works next year. Lakka OS though is a good one.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-5 03:03:13 | Show all floors
Giantofstone replied at 2017-1-4 01:06
Hey, i feel like you, maybe it works next year. Lakka OS though is a good one.

I'm using it as an nas server, so I need debian for openmediavault.
I've placed heatsinks, so now it's at a lower temp, but still high.

I've disconnected the usb drive and now it doesn't crash anymore...

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-1-5 04:05:10 | Show all floors
Mikail replied at 2017-1-5 03:03
I'm using it as an nas server, so I need debian for openmediavault.
I've placed heatsinks, so now  ...

With android you can do anything, install a controller driver, use internet and play games. I don't need no server, just have my external hard disks for my online purchases and i can have a cloud website.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-1-22 02:36:57 | Show all floors
Well, I think it's the right topic to ask.
What is the Orange Pi Plus 2 support status of mainline linux kernel and uBoot? As I know, it's only supported by a legacy sunxi-linux and uBoot.
One thing I can't find in any repository is fex and dts/dtb for it. Also, I can't find the schematics (Pi Plus 2 design files). Where they could be obtained?

And another question - what's the most similar model of orange pi to an orange pi plus 2? Is it pi plus or pi plus 2e? Does their hardware designes differ considerably? What should be written to make the full mainline support of Orange Pi Plus 2?
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list