Orange Pi 3 LTS Bluetooth LE with Linux 5.x Kernel

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2022-5-18 03:00:12 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by mattb at 2022-5-18 03:03

Short question -- Could anyone confirm if they are able to scan for and connect to Bluetooth LE devices using the Orange Pi 3 LTS on an OS with Linux 5.x kernel?

I need Bluetooth LE support for my project, but so far cannot get the device to scan and connect LE devices correctly with 5.x kernel.
I have tried Orange Pi 2.1.6 Debian with 5.x, 2.2.2 Debian with 5.x, and 3.0.0 Debian with 5.x.

To reproduce, you only need to install the image, and run `sudo btmgmt` and then `find` . On 5.x kernel it is only reporting BD/EDR devices despite seeming to support LE.

Orange Pi Debian 2.1.6 and 2.1.8 with Linux 4.9 work fine, the `find` command of `btmgmt` identifies them. This seems to be a sign there may be an issue with wireless chipset driver in Linux 5.x on this board.

Has anyone used Pi 3 LTS Bluetooth LE with Linux 5.x on any other operating system like ubuntu?

To avoid updating my systems in the future I would like to run a newer 5.x kernel system if possible. Out of the new Orange Pi Debian images recently released (3.0.0) based on bullseye, they are all 5.x kernels but the Bluetooth LE doesn't scan correctly.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2022-12-6 15:58:26 | Show all floors
Your post has those facts which are not accessible from anywhere else. It’s my humble request to u please keep writing such remarkable articles        leads genereren linkedin
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list