View: 1618|Reply: 1

OrangePi OS system requirements? Legacy OS Downloads?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2022-6-16 10:41:26 from mobile | Show all floors |Read mode
Hey guys, absolutely brand new to this; like they just spanked me and cut the cord brand new! Anyway,  i need to know the system requirements for the new os. And where are the old os downloads? Also i need advice. I recently just started this lovely past time; I've only had a soldering iron for 3 months! I have a TON of cool projects to build/create, but i am struggling to find the best board/distribution combination for each. So I'll just start with one and go from there...
I want to make a tiny print server for my son's 3d printer.  He has a Mod-T which was initially run on browser based software, that was discontinued after the company folded. Its still a really nice filament printer, and apparently it can be run on Cura. Now here is the tricky bit. Cura 4.4 is only 64 bit, legacy version 15.6.x is 32, so it will work i think... you tell me! I initially intended to use a 2g-iot with the available touchscreen as an interface.  Does this seem doable? It literally only has to run one task at a time, so i am hopeful. I also have an i96 and a zero 2 plus. Obviously the zero is way more powerful, so it seems more likely. So what distribution should I use? So far i really only have experience in debian, but im eager to learn it all! Sorry im so new! Thanks in advance!

Best,
M

threads

credits

Forbidden to speak

credits
Published in 2022-7-22 13:29:38 | Show all floors
Tips: Disabled or deleted by author , the content is blocked
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list