Issue: Orange Pi 5 Plus booting from EMMC

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-8-29 03:23:11 | Show all floors |Read mode
This post was finally edited by naranjito at 2023-8-31 02:56

Hi! I'm trying to build a NAS (and maybe more) using Orange Pi 5 Plus. The problem is that I cannot boot from EMMC drive. I'm using Ubuntu Desktop 22.04 LTS and the boot works fine from SD card. I've already tried:
- use "sudo /usr/sbin/nand-sata-install"
- use dd to copy partitions from SD to EMMC, change partition UUID and reboot
- use GParted to copy partitions from SD to EMMC, change partition UUID and reboot
- use balenaEtcher to create a new istallation directly from ISO to EMMC
(update)
- use RKDevTool_Release_v3.15 and USB-C cable to directly write to EMMC by following the steps described in the user manual.

Has anyone had positive experience with any procedure for booting Ubuntu 22.04 on the EMMC disk? Any tips? Am I missing some important step?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-10-12 00:49:11 | Show all floors
I have a similar problem using the 5 Plus Debian image. I have a 5 port JMicron SATA controller in the M.2 slot and it works, I can see the SSD connected, but I can't boot from it. I think I tried everything that I could find online, but it just won't boot.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-10-27 23:09:06 | Show all floors
I have the same problem with Debian blueseye and Debian bookworm serveur and xfce but nothing. It doesn't boot.
There is not problem when installing.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-11-2 17:29:50 | Show all floors
I'm in contact with an OrangePi employee and he needs the log when the card is booted.

To do this, We need a USB to TTL adapter.
See manual.

If you have one, can you post the log please.

Thanks.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2024-1-19 04:02:21 | Show all floors
This post was finally edited by Bidon at 2024-1-19 04:06

Hi,
On a few different distros i had the same issue. No boot or blank screen.
Sometimes just installing bootloader to SPINOR made the system come up without problem.
Flashing can be done directly from RKDev-tool with the spiflash.cfg scheme loaded in the left panel, then select rkspi_loader.img
I did this as well with the u-boot image from the 3rd-party Ubuntu distro (flash size = 16M) for example for other OS's
Be sure to wipe SPINOR first if there's allready something on it.

Also try rebooting manually (power OFF then On) after a fresh flash and automatic reboot from RKDevTool. In a few cases that helped me.

Published in 2024-1-20 22:44:32 | Show all floors
desroduct Description : Here at Jammin’ J Auto & Tire, we try our best to be the best!  Our technicians look over your vehicle and photograph potential problem areas and make this available to you, the customer, almost instantly as the check is completed.  A link is provided to the customer via text or email and you are able to view the actual concerns without having to leave work, and being able to see the actual problem on the spot. Next, the customer is contacted to discuss your repair and give detailed, upfront pricing for all repair or maintenance needs.  We have found this system to be very effective in communicating the health of your vehicle which aids our goal of being your long term vehicle service provider by allowing us to help you plan for your vehicle’s next needed service before it becomes an emergency.  Our system also automatically schedules your next oil maintenance service based upon your vehicle history and will text you a reminder days before your appointment. This service has made our loyal customers very happy.        St. Louis Brake Service Near Me
Published in 2024-1-22 14:21:29 | Show all floors
Quickly your website can unquestionably acquire well known being among the most regarding submitting buyers, for the meticulous content articles or simply just essential critiques.        folieren
Published in 2024-1-22 14:25:47 | Show all floors
Thanks for offering up this article to readers everywhere. It’s good information with a lot of hutzpah. You pack a great punch with your views.        Subway Surfers
Published in 2024-1-22 15:31:31 | Show all floors
I like Your Article about Light Unto My Path - The Journey | New Year's Resolutions  Perfect just what I was  searching  for! .        Animale Male
Published in 2024-1-22 16:03:20 | Show all floors
Rapidly this kind of fantastic web site will surely unquestionably often be well-known amongst many creating any website people, for your meticulous articles along with testimonies.        kaufen pool rund
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list