View: 175|Reply: 2

Opi 5B stuck @ "slice logo"

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2024-4-4 13:55:42 | Show all floors |Read mode
I've installed Android 12 image half year ago on my Opi 5B (emmc) with succes, including Magisk and Gapps module.

Recently, I stared getting OTA updates, which download ok and unpack, but did not install successfully.

After some time I thought to myself, maybe it was magisk install etc...I decided to disable gapps module (BUT sadly, at the same time I also updated magisk to latest version).

The ota still did not install so I re-anabled gapss back and after reboot, the PI does not boot, it is forever stuck at the "orange slice" logo...

Is there any way to try to boot? (safe mode, disabling gapps module somehow....). I REALLY don't want to reinstall everything as I spent month configuring it as  retro games station

I'd be gratefull for any suggestions!

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2024-4-4 14:11:21 | Show all floors
Can I maybe re-flash from image without loosing current data?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2024-4-4 15:25:08 | Show all floors
I managed to remove magisk gapps module by
  1. adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
Copy code

The system now boots, but of course, gapps are not working...

(If I re-install the same gapps module from original location https://sourceforge.net/projects ... L-ALPHA/17.10.2022/) the device again does not boot.)

I'm now using magisk v27 - can I install some other magisk gapps module? It seem this is the latest module from that repository...
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list