Orange Pi One OS choice

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-5-13 20:00:24 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello guys,
I got my Orange Pi One on tuesday and spend a whole day finding an OS that would actually get the ethernet to work.
From the official downloads page
http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/
I tried:
Lubuntu and Ubuntu images.

Both of them gave the "eth0: failed to initialize hardware" message on Dmesg regarding the eth0.
Itried several combinations of images and script.bin (both the current and the one marked as old, since some threads referred to that (not for the One but for PC and Pi2)).

After digging through the internet I finally found someone that mentioned that the best option would be the images made by Lobroris (here on the forum) but that he doesn't adapt the images to Orange Pi One.
So the solution was armbian (http://www.armbian.com/).
After about 10 image installations (with replacing scripts.bin and uImages), I "burnt" the image with Rufus and everything was running great (no need for additional scripts).
The ethernet was finally working, and all I had to do was enable DHCP (later I set a fixed IP).

So, my question is:
- as anybody got the ethernet working with official images (like Lubuntu) on the Pi One ?

Thanks.
jp

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2016-8-30 11:11:38 | Show all floors
Hi,
It is default to work by the system, please make sure that you have installed the image into the SD card correctly with collectly writing tools.

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2016-8-30 11:20:34 | Show all floors
Pls download image from official website acccordingly. And if it could not work, try to us Android have a try.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-12-21 02:21:58 | Show all floors
You know I have gotten every image from the Orange PI site and really I do have a lot of problems.
I have over 30 sd cards ranging from 8g to 64g. I have 6 different PIs.
And really I have a lot of problems with them.

But saying all that I am so so glad the the site has started to update there Images.
right now Im play with 2 Orange PI Prime cards that I got yesterday.
As I see right now with the 2gig of ram on them they really do run faster.
I'm still trying to get the WIFi and BLuetooth going.
Another thing that does bother me is I can only read english not chinese. (Please no hard feelings)
Some of the images are in chinese. But from what I can make out of things they do seem to work better.( If only I could get them in English I would be so so happy)
                                                                                                          (Please no hard feelings)
I really like these boards even with all the problems with them. I have been able to get most of them to do what I want even if I had to add extra hardware to do it.

They have updated some of there images so maybe give them a try again. ( And yes there download site is not very good.) It has taken me a lot of time to get these files.

Good luck.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list