View: 16370|Reply: 3

android for OPI lite ! ! ! (and PC plus)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-6-22 16:28:56 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by johannes172 at 2016-7-4 22:42

After a crazy experiment i now have a working Android, with playstore, all usb ports, camera and onboard wifi working.
This what i did:
Downloaded the android image for OPI Lite and installed it on an sd card.
in a linux system i mounted the partitions 2 and 7 one by one and copied the files to my hard disk.
Next i downloaded an image for a skybox:

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/skybox-h3-plus-tv-box-android-kitkat-4-4-2-custom-firmware-download/
I Installed this on another sd card and copied partitions 1, 2, and 7 to harddisk.
Now i copied the files in these 3 skybox partitions to the sd card with the OPI image on it.
I could boot into android, google play worked but not the onboard wifi.
This last trick did it: I copied the original files on my harddisk from OPI partition7 back to the sd card.
It works, i have to test the performance but it's a start.

The system did'nt survive a factory reset but the good news is that you can store an image of the sd card
with win32-disk-imager and restore that.

I Tried the same thing with the OPI PC Plus image from orangepi.org. That worked also but i have only one usb-port.
With the OPI Lite image as decribed above on the OPI PC PLUS i have 3 ubs-ports. Strange ...
If you ommit the last step than the image works on OPI PC with wifi stick
:Other things

I rooted this android with help of kingoroot
old:
Before you read the rest: This post won't help you to find a working android for the OPI lite. I only describe the fruitless efforts (hours and hours)
that i made. So that you don't have to do it yourselve. If there are successes i mention these at the beginning of this post.
successes:
- I can open a serial console

I started with downloading the android image for OPI lite in the orangepi.org website. The link to google did'nt work.  It took me several hours to download from the Baidu Cloud. I ignored lots of security warnings from my browser and had to download it on a linux system that did'nt block the download.  
After all this trouble i only found that this android seems useless.  It boots, I can do some settings, even connect to my wifi, but thats all.

Only two USB ports work on the OPI PC plus but on OPI Lite, the all seem to work.
For the rest nothing's working. Installed playstore and services manually but no result.

Strange: I installed this image on another sd card, now i have only one usb working????????
I have the same troubles with my OPI PC Plus. The images are exactly equal size, i can exchange them, so i assume that they are equal.  

Thanks, eh Steven?

Next i installed chrome (downloaded an apk and put it on a stick)
Now I can download apk's to install e.g. an ssh server
Opened a shell with putty and tried this echo "rootmydevice" thing. I seemed to be root but could'nt mount etc.
So this was useless.
I installed iroot, this seems to be chinees and consequently did'nt do what it promissed. What is all this sh*t?

A new adventure: open a serial console. On a OPI PC Plus (cannot do this on OPI Lite) i made the connections, booted and ... yes !
Why not root the device. Did all the things mentioned here Menual rooting for opi plus android 4.4.2
This also should work on the OPI PC + and Lite  but .... no...
After some hours of experimenting:
I am root!!!, but only when i first use the mount -o ...etc and the /system/xbin/daemonsu -ad commands in serial console.
Funny thing: I install the serial console, power the OPI with a long power wire, do the above mentioned, disconnect the serial but keep the OPI powered,
than walk to my tv, put the hdmi in and start supersu. No complains about binairy ! When I start the terminal emulator i can become root.
However when i reboot, supersu complains about missing binairy and i can start all over.
Very handy !  

I am thinking of building my own android. But where to download the SDK?
Don't even try to download this from Baidu, would probably take a week.
next day:
I found a link on this forum, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByY8XEZNqRsTMTcxamZ4bm5KY28/view,

so i downloaded H3-homlet-1.0.rar.gz (5GB in 30 minutes)
Unpacking started directly with troubles, it is not a gzip file. So i renamed it to H3-homlet-1.0.rar.bz2
Unpacked it with bunzip2 H3-homlet-1.0.tar.bz2 and then tar -xvf H3-homelet-1.0.tar

so far so good. I followed the instructions on the wiki buildingyourownandroidfirmware.
Allready the first command fails, wrong platform sun7i_android.  Now what?
I examened the script an noticed that the platform options should be something like sun8iw6p1 to sun9iw1p1, which one to take?
These seem to be chipnames, maybe i can find out what chip is on the OPI lite? The name of the downloaded image suggests that it is about sun8iw7p1

so i can try this.
Anyway, i runned ./build.sh config options sun81w7p1, android, and dolphin . Now i had to answer many questions and finally something is happening, but what?
An endless que of messages fly over my screen. It seems to copy drivers, hundreds of them. In the end i get
the message: ERROR: build kernel failed. Ah, so it was building the kernel.

Well, maybe some other time.....

I am downloading Draco H3_SDK,  see if this is something.
Yes I compiled boot and kernel, could even see it boot in at the serial console
but there are errors.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-6-23 01:57:16 | Show all floors
I have some, maybe worse experiance with it.
If someone find useable android for OPI Lite, I will be lucky...

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-9-22 05:08:54 | Show all floors
Edited by jan.pal at 2016-9-22 05:22

hi @johannes172

i have opi pc plus on android. my biggest concern is temperature. What is the CPu temperature of your custom made android image for OPI PC PLUS?

Thanks

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-11-22 11:12:27 | Show all floors
LMAO. I am glad to see someone has put in a fraction of the effort I have to get a working android image. Orange pi's provide endless hours of frustrating entertainment to make functional with android. check out my image. I am curious if it will work on Pi lite.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list