[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-7-14 22:26:26 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by vanicstech at 2016-7-14 22:26

Hi all,

My name is Alex, I am an engineer with background in digital hardware design and embedded firmware development.
Sometime we need a Linux board that needs pins which are not accessable on any of the curent Orange pi versions so designing a cape for orange pi becomes out of question. For example, you do not have access to audio codec pins to add a 4ohm speaker driver and so on. you also do not have any freedom on the position of connectors. On the other hand it is almost impossible for many to make a Linux board, with BGA ram, micro, and other components for $10-$15.
I want to recommend design of a new board based on Orange Pi Plus with same H3 microcontroller, 1 GB ram, and 8GB emmc (but with no audio, power, USB, HDMI, and Ethernet connectors). On the write hand side the board should keep the same 40 pins raspberry pi compatible connector and on the left it should have another 40 (or so) pins connector for accessing all the H3 functionalities and pins like codec, HDMI, USB, etc.
For a designer, prosessing power is important and it would be a great convenience and cost savor, if she can get this through a verified working board like I explained. For instance, one can design a 2 layer cape for "Orange Pi heart" and have highest costomization abiltiy.
The reason that I am saying this here is because Orange pi organisation has the production capability to produce it at a very competative price.
I hope orange pi organization sees the value and produces such a board and if they do I will be a loyal customer. I can design the baord or help with desinging it too as an open source hardware.

Please share your opinions to see where this attempt goes.

Best regards,

-Alex
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list