DVB-T2 usb receiver Astrometa (Hanftek)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-8-27 23:08:12 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello,
I had been activelly exploring issue with the drivers for this little cheap stick.
http://blog.palosaari.fi/2013/10 ... 2-usb-tv-stick.html

Stick itself is based on RTL2832P, and it should work at least as dvb-t receiver with current drivers support on openelec (usb pid/vid problem?). Additional dvb-t2 demodulator is mn88473, and when jernej added backported dvb drivers, there was module for that mn88473 but there was missing support for rtl2832 - i have tried many versions of the drivers, but none was compiling rtl drivers. Additionaly i tried to add kernel 3.4 rtl28** version, and it worked by itself, but never recognized the stick (tried adding pid/vid too). Now on the newest openelec builds, i see firmware file for mn88473, but there is no module, since from what i get backported dvb drivers are dropped. Additionaly i tried astrometa driver for kernel 3.4 but it was failing to compile.

Any guidance/help, how i can enable this driver, i would be glad to contribute to the OPI OpenELEC repository (i already added driver for specific usb wifi)

Thanks in advance

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list