Support for RAID?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-9-23 12:38:33 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by TMA-1 at 2016-9-23 12:38

Hi.  I'm a relative Linux neophyte who has been using a Raspberry Pi as a slave torrent processor.  To do this, I had a toy RAID arry set up with a 7-port USB hub and 6 flashdrives in a RAID 5 configuration.  It worked amazingly well.  (I had been tired of my USB laptop hard drives burning out after a few months of hard use.)

Anyway, I recently replaced the Raspberry with an Orange Pi Plus 2 using Raspbian.  I can't get RAID processing to work.

mdadm is present and current, but when I go to create an array, it complains:  mdadm:  RUN_ARRAY failed:  Invalid argument

I read somewhere that this may be RAID support missing from the kernel.  If this is true, how do I obtain the source, made the required changes, and recomile it?  Also, why has this been left out?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Published in 2016-9-23 19:57:18 | Show all floors
You have to recompile kernel or compile kernel modules
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Complete_Handbook/Software_RAID

Try Debian by @loboris has enabled RAID support by default (but the project is probably abandoned),
you can also check armbian by @igorpec (project is still alive)
Orange PI PC

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-9-24 17:23:33 | Show all floors
Thank-you darqoq.  I wasn't really planning to change OS but armbian looks really good and handles my miniature RAID quite well.  I'm a "convert".  
Published in 2024-6-3 21:20:57 | Show all floors
Duplicity is a nice movie,i like the story and also the actors.        Packers and Movers Noida to Thanjavur
Published in 2024-6-4 00:05:44 | Show all floors
Undeniably consider that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be at the web the simplest factor to take into account of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed even as other folks consider concerns that they plainly do not recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , folks could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you        https://unosalud.com.ar/pages/codigo_promocional-22bet.html
Published in 2024-6-4 19:54:05 | Show all floors
magnificent issues altogether, you simply won emblem reader. What might you suggest about your submit that you just made a few days ago? Any positive?        jual septic tank
Published in 2024-6-4 23:47:23 | Show all floors
Remember to fulfill the bonus wagering requirements before making a withdrawal.        1win promo code Canada
Published in 2024-6-5 20:50:57 | Show all floors
Profitez des meilleures offres et bonus sur 1xBet.        meilleur code promo 1xbet
Published in 2024-6-5 23:51:18 | Show all floors
I don’t unremarkably comment but I gotta admit thankyou for the post on this great one.        kissimmee bounce house for rent
Published in 2024-6-8 15:44:50 | Show all floors
Helpful information. Fortunate me I discovered your site by accident, and I’m stunned why this twist of fate didn’t came about earlier! I bookmarked it.        tường thuật trực tiếp bóng đá
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list