Author: giaur500

Kodi 17 ?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-4-15 03:34:09 from mobile | Show all floors
I will be testing it for a week or so, I also noticed a bit of a lag. Maybe amicrodev can shed some light on this, I am just a n00b

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-4-15 05:46:02 | Show all floors
Edited by amicrodev at 2017-4-15 05:58
kaynemo replied at 2017-4-15 03:34
I will be testing it for a week or so, I also noticed a bit of a lag. Maybe amicrodev can shed some  ...

Hi kaynemo,
as described in other post in this thread, this is a first attempt to port Libreelec 8 on Orange Pi PC and this work has surely bugs; I built the images, starting from the work on Libreelec 7 and Openelec 7, creating the patches for Libreelec 8 github code and modifying some settings in H3 project  and Linux drivers from jernej work; I shared on my blog these informations to make possible to have an image for these boards and involve other people to improve the images.
For the microlag I hope other people could build the images by yourselves and try to correct these bugs. We have to look into the logs and errors on the system to understand what the cause could be.
Here is a thread about logs

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3004.html

About the microlag, did you use wireless or LAN connection for the streaming?

Regards

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-4-15 20:37:08 | Show all floors

My first impression and issues I found

Edited by Christian_S at 2017-4-15 20:39

My first impression: Wow -- Kodi 17 on Orange PC -- great! Thanks for your work, amicrodev!

The interface works perfect without any glitches. So here the issues I found:

When playing HEVC 1080p videos (in an MKV container, via Ethernet) video and audio differ a few seconds. Seldom the video pauses. The video looks a little bit like slow motion, the audio has no problems -- except the time difference. "Load" with top is around 300%

AVC SD video plays without problems. "Load" with top is around 100%.

So is video hardware accelerated?

Audio only works with pass-through, not ALSA (It's connected to a TV). Which is no problem for me personally.

I cannot find any PVR add-ons, tvheadend is the one I'm looking for. Do they have to be included in the build process (sounds like it from reading the thread)?

Access to the Kodi repo works without problems, to the Libreelec repo it cannot get any connection.

I installed tvheadend server from a local zip. It's the version for Raspi 2. It runs, web interface works, but it doesn't find my DVB-T stick. The correct firmware is in /lib/firmware, but I also see no recognition in dmesg or journalctl.

I hope that doesn't sound too negative, it's great to see Kodi 17 on Orange PC! Hopefully on mainline kernel soon.

Happy Easter everyone!

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-4-16 00:18:47 | Show all floors
Christian_S replied at 2017-4-15 20:37
My first impression: Wow -- Kodi 17 on Orange PC -- great! Thanks for your work, amicrodev!

The int ...

Hi Chirstian_S,
thank you for your checks.
As said in other posts this is a first attempt to port Libreelec 8 on Orange Pi so it is probably that we encounter bugs.
About the video acceleration I used the same kernel and video drivers (binary) used in Openelec 7. So we have to find out what is  the cause of the issue.

The addons are not included in image; If you look a few post above kaynemo compiled by yourself PVR IPT Simple; the addons on Libreelec repository are not available for this build of Libreelec (jernej too uploaded the addons on his repository for Orange PI).
If I have enough time I try to look into the various reports, but as said in the post to kaynemo above, it will be desirable that other people too try to build the image and improve it (waiting the mainline kernel).

Happy Easter to you too.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-4-20 21:31:13 | Show all floors
@amicrodev: Do you have your own fork on github with all the changes you have done?
Would be great, I would be willing to try to compile all possible addons and put them onto my webserver so that they can be installed in the addon browser.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-4-24 15:31:58 | Show all floors
deltaray replied at 2017-4-20 21:31
@amicrodev: Do you have your own fork on github with all the changes you have done?
Would be great, ...

@deltaray I published the instructions to build the image on my blog; I used as starting point the code of  Libreelec 8.1 github and added patches to it

http://www.microdev.it/wp/en/201 ... ec8-in-orangepi-pc/

You can setup up your local envinronment following the instructions and applying the patches.

In next article I'll publish how to build the addons, but once the image is built it is easy to build the addons.
In this thread the user kaynemo was able to build the image and an addon.

Regards

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-15 18:48:33 | Show all floors
ua3nbw replied at 2017-4-3 06:54
Kodi 17.1-Krypton  OpenGL ES 2.0 on Armbian Ubuntu Server  Orange Pi PC
https://ua3nbw.ru/all/kodi-1 ...

I did give it a tray, on orangepipc+
I got it working with the image he provided. The provided image was set to russina language. Had to gange the language fist to german. (I also traed to install his destop version but there was a major miss configeruration. I would have neede to compile it my self.)  
But it is not realy usable for me - far to slow Video.  Even if just used the player with the demo Video without kodi installed much to slow on the latest arbian image. I have a glued on heatsenk. Temperature of CPU was alwas below 40° May be there is some other reason way it is to slow. But i am not the only one who did report this. Cant remember if sound did work or not. I definaly would prefer to have kodi 17.1 or 18 on top of Armbian Desktop. So VNC remote Desktop also would be usable as it is wiht kodi 15.1.  I also checkt the troughput of the network on the router. Is simulae as if i use the fire TV-stik with kodi 17.1 addon. But on the fire-Stik all works very well. Also with the drawback that i cant use VNC vewer. Dont know where is the bottlenek with Armbian cant belive that it is the orangepipc+ board itself. Kodi 51.1 with OPENelec on top of armbian is a bit better as kodi 15.1 on Armbian Desktop. But Videoqality is still bette rwith the fire-tv stik.         

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-5-17 00:36:14 | Show all floors
jpascher replied at 2017-5-15 18:48
I did give it a tray, on orangepipc+
I got it working with the image he provided. The provided ima ...

Hi,
I uploaded the images for other boxes too, but I think these issues are general and may be caused by network or video drivers not working correctly.
These is a first attempt to build the image with new  Kodi, hoping someone else could work with the image; in my blog I treat various topics and the multimedia boxes are one of them. If I have enough time I try to look into these issues.

Regards
amicrodev

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-18 15:48:04 | Show all floors
Understand, and i hope you find time to get on with it. I also have the impression that something is just not right with the Network drivers. My be someone can test if a locally saved Video with the network drivers disabled would perform normally. Best regards, Johann

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-18 16:02:54 | Show all floors
I also think there is something not as it should be concerning the network. My be someone can save a test video locally and turn off all network to see how it performs without any Network traffic.  also look at at this answer here: https://forum.armbian.com/index. ... t&comment=31762
Did not have time to check if the right video driver is in use.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list