please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
Return to list Post new posts
Author: Shadow6290

Orange Pi Zero: How do you change video output mode?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-4-9 05:50:15 from mobile | Show all floors
I've gone through every option in that document and I still cannot change the resolution. Any other ideas?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-5-4 00:17:19 | Show all floors
I know this was posted some time ago, but I recently received two zeros and had the same issue. First time I've ever seen a "pal" signal here in the USA. So for others with this problem here is my fix:

I was using the Debian desktop image. First I had to figure out what a "fex" file was and how to edit it. Turns out, on the images I have, the first partition on the uSD card is a small "FAT-32" partition. This partition contains a file called "script.bin". This is a "compiled" binary version of the "fex" file. The text version of this file is basically an "ini" file with information about how to configure the various on SOC features. You can read about it here: FEX Guide

To edit it, as mentioned above, you have to turn it back into its text-ini form. To do this you need the "sunxi-tools", which I found, with instructions, here: Sunxi-tools. I compiled them and used bin2fex to decode the "script.bin" file. Usage info is on that page. I then made the "11 to 14" change suggested above, but I made it to both the "screen0_output_mode" and "screen1_output_mode". Two displays? I wasn't sure which was used. After reading the lack of success above I figured the most likely bet was change both.

Then I "re-compiled" the FEX file to bin with "fex2bin". Command usage information is on the "Sunxi-tools" page noted above. Stick the new copy of "script.bin" back in partition 1 of the uSD card. dismount, and move it into your Zero and boot! Those of us in America should be able to see the display on our composite monitors/TVs. The OS image I used looks like the X server resolution is still set a bit too high because I get clipping of the desktop top and bottom. So I'll have to figure out what the resolution ought to be and change it. I would think 640x480...

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2021-3-3 14:41:31 | Show all floors
I've gone through every option in that document and I still cannot change the resolution. Any other ideas?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2021-3-4 23:48:49 | Show all floors
You can download Kinemaster pro apk at Techbigs to be able to change video output mode, with 4k resolution will make you satisfied. Download it by click here

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2023-12-13 18:07:58 | Show all floors
This post was finally edited by RobertChong at 2023-12-15 06:01

I deal with this, thus choosing the greatest items in this field is something I do on a professional basis.  I now use it as my go-to source for nostalgia marketing examples . This makes selecting excellent option for even the most difficult tasks easier.
Return to list Post new posts
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list