Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
Author: TheLinuxBug

H3Droid - Android image developed specifically to work on Allwinner H3 devices

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-5-7 14:56:11 | Show all posts
Doesn't seem to work on orange pi plus2, as the board will stuck at a black screen after uboot. Tried to install on both onboard emmc and sd card, neither worked. The patch I used was orangepiplus.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-7 16:33:58 | Show all posts
Edited by TheLinuxBug at 2017-5-7 16:37

Hello @c0013r ,

Can you please see our F.A.Q., it already provides answers to most of your questions.  More specifically I believe it addresses the resolution issues, why direct root is not possible and how you can implement additional WiFi adapters...

If you see our F.A.Q. you will see there is a part on how to add WiFi for a few of the boards.  You would need to update this variable in wifi_hardware_info most likely to fit your adapter, much like: 'realtek:rtl8192cu' as Realtek 8188cu = 8192cu drivers.  I can not promise this will work, as we have not tested it, but this may get you closer in the meantime.

You can also login to the board as root with SSH once setup over Ethernet or using ABD shell via OTG cable and navigate to the /vendor/modules folder and you can manually test inserting modules if needed until you find the one you need.  You will however have to make sure the module is initiated at boot using the above method for it to enable and give you the ability to connect and configure wifi in the GUI Android interface.

Hopefully in the future we will be able to provide a better reference/how-to for setting up WiFi.  If you get really stuck and would like help working through it you can always visit our IRC channel on Freenode IRC Network.

Also, the image uses mainline u-boot and you can update the FEX file on the first partition or previous to installation onto your SDcard ( more information on FEX here: Fex Guide ).

To all viewing this thread, we did try to take our time to outline most of the common questions in the F.A.Q. so please do read it first!

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2017-5-7 19:44:49 | Show all posts
Hi, I have tested H3Droid a bit, on my OPi PC, and looks great!

However, something that I really miss and pull me back from use It, is the non-ability to turn off the system, I know that It is mentioned in the FAQ, but I think It is a priority issue (at least for me).

A good way to get more feedback could be upload some prebuilt images (the image creation tool is really usefull and throw away the use of PhoenixCard that is a pain, but for most users It could be difficult to make a proper image).

Regards.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-5-8 02:02:49 | Show all posts
Edited by pmpp at 2017-5-8 02:04
JRios replied at 2017-5-7 19:44
Hi, I have tested H3Droid a bit, on my OPi PC, and looks great!

However, something that I really mi ...
Hi JRios,
aifk there's no poweroff on these H3 boards as power go directly in regulators with no powerswitch.I think the 'poweroff state' you may have seen with various img is just *ultra* low power mode with all led turned off, if you really want to save power or the board, you'd better cut power from supply.

The  deep sleep you can go in & out from with the gpio/fel button is working quite well and turn off hdmi screens correctly : is it not enough in your case ?
These aren't the Droids you're looking for. . .You look for H3Droid !

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2017-5-8 18:20:05 | Show all posts
Well, when I said, "turn off the system" I was referring to shutdown the Android OS, not the completely shutdown of the SoC and all the hardware elements on the SBC board itself.

What really worries me is not about the consumption, is the possibility of the system corruption when I cut power from the supply, because I change the placement of my OPi a lot and I need a safe shutdown.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-5-8 19:25:55 | Show all posts
Edited by pmpp at 2017-5-8 19:27
JRios replied at 2017-5-8 18:20
Well, when I said, "turn off the system" I was referring to shutdown the Android OS, not the complet ...

I see your point, seems it may be possible to had a option in boot.cmd to prevent the board from *restarting* after pseudo-android poweroff and wait for you to either pull the plug ( this is totally safe while in u-boot) and move the board, or allow continue starting with a push of fel button  ( as you may have noticed  push at start enter rescue mode by default ), would it be ok ?

These aren't the Droids you're looking for. . .You look for H3Droid !

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2017-5-8 20:54:46 | Show all posts
Sure, that would be nice

Regards.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-8 21:58:30 | Show all posts
Edited by TheLinuxBug at 2017-5-9 02:53

Hello again All!

We are looking for a few people who have the time to test new images before we release them to public, what we will call 'untested' images.  To really help us the people who volunteer would need to meet the following criteria:
1. Be able to come on Freenode IRC and join our channel to help communicate issues
2. Have at least one of the following boards: Orange Pi PC, Orange Pi Lite, Orange Pi PC Plus, Orange Pi Plus 2E, Orange Pi Plus 2, Orange Pi One, etc.
3. Have a high quality SDcard and a method to reliably write new images
4. Be contactable by e-mail or IRC to alert you of updates
5. Be able to test with-in 12-24 hours of a new release and give feedback

If you can meet these criteria and are interested in helping, please send me a message here or join us on IRC and we will be happy to get you started!

Thanks again for all your support!

Cheers!

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2017-5-9 20:38:08 | Show all posts
This is awesome news!!Thank you guys so much!
Been waiting for this!pls give is way to write this in windows to sdcard?

once again-awesome work!!

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-9 23:53:33 | Show all posts
Hello All!

Things have been moving quickly the past few days with this project and we are about ready to push out version 1.2.3 which should provide a good amount of fixes based on feedback!

The following updates/fixes/changes will be in version 1.2.3:
- initscripts call /data/rc.local for user's convenience
- updated default wallpaper
- recompiled sunxi-ir-rx.ko with full input range (all ir-remote codes should show with evtest now)
- added aoe.ko kernel module
- few changes to the installer scripts
- hdmi-dvi fixes (some users were having issues with DVI, this should help with that)

Keep an eye out towards the end of the day/tomorrow morning for the update showing the new version has been released!

A big thank you to all who have tested and provided feedback, please keep it coming. We can only fix or change things we know about, so the more feedback you can provide, the better our updates will be!

Cheers!

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2019-8-23 21:21 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.031862 second(s), 22 queries .