Author: zhao_steven

Orange Pi PC will be released in two weeks.

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-7-20 21:13:29 | Show all floors
You are debugging that mali nearly half a year and not a single sucess we ever heard about it...only "debuging please wait". I bought this thing cause i don't have enough time to create my own working software(and btw it's not normal, that i have to do the software my own). I just want this piece of %!@&(bad words) make works, but none of the uploaded images are work(even the desktop is flickering)...I don't want new boards what i and the community want is a proper software(it not have to be perfect). So please stop saying you(Orange Pi developers) do something cause doing nothing is not enough...

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-7-29 04:34:31 | Show all floors
1)Where are the new orange pi?
2)Why there are not new kernel for "previus orange pi"?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-7-29 14:44:46 | Show all floors
When new Orange PI PC will be released? Is it possible to get free sample?

thanks

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2015-7-29 15:50:58 | Show all floors
You're asking when it will be ready the new Orange PI PC, but the real question is: when it will be ready a useful linux distribution that support all the features available with the hardware (H3)?
What do you do with a piece of hardware without suitable software support?
I've an Orange Pi Plus, and I cannot use it because so far there is no useful linux distribution.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-7-29 18:07:52 | Show all floors
matteobp replied at 2015-7-29 15:50
You're asking when it will be ready the new Orange PI PC, but the real question is: when it will be  ...

The OPI's are like the other ARM machines. The board specific part is only the Linux kernel and its modules.So, if you have an external disk, you may install any distro in it using one of the other distros like Debian/Lubuntu.

Then, you just have to change the root system.
Well, this is a problem with the Orange PI Plus/2/.. because the u-boot does not read the boot.scr/uEnv.txt files. I hope to have a new u-boot soon, but now, you may generate a kernel with static boot parameters as you may see in my kernel config in http://moinejf.free.fr/opi2/.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-7-29 20:34:11 | Show all floors
Unfortunatelly, Orange Pi team failed. They don't have a new version for Linux or Android. We have many different problems. They always saying we will have new version . When ? Nobody knows the date. Banana team better than Orange team.

Android:

Bluetooth problem
IPTV problem (after couple of minutes video get stuck.
They do not support Lollipop
Play store does not work
Google certification problem. Some of application does not work.
etc.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-7-29 20:59:00 | Show all floors
Orange Pi Plus is useless, too.
Dont buy any OrangePi product before there is no mainline support.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-7-30 02:51:25 | Show all floors
funkyStufF replied at 2015-7-29 20:59
Orange Pi Plus is useless, too.
Dont buy any OrangePi product before there is no mainline support.

About mainline, you may wait for a long time!
I bought a Cubox 3 years ago (Marvell Dove). Nothing was working. I wrote a DRM video driver, refused. I added sound through HDMI, refused.
The machine is now obsolete, replaced by the Cubox-i. Now, I think I am the only one to use such a machine, but it is fine enough for me as a development machine, and, for example, to compile a kernel for the OPI2!
The OrangePI Plus/2/.. software will advance only by the OPI owners. loboris already did a great job. I will have a look at the u-boot. If more people could work on the other pieces of software, we could have a nice product before the end of the year...

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-7-30 14:01:20 | Show all floors
Yeah loboris did a great work ubuntu mate, you have all reason moinejf . Sorry for me bad english  

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-7-30 14:10:08 | Show all floors
moinejf replied at 2015-7-30 02:51
About mainline, you may wait for a long time!
I bought a Cubox 3 years ago (Marvell Dove). Nothing ...

I hope you get somewhere with u-boot for the H3.  A u-boot that can load a file such as script.bin and pass the address to the kernel will be a great improvement.  The 3.4 kernel that supports the H3 is very old.  I was thinking of adding sun8iw7p1 (???) extras to a later 3.4 kernel but realised I need a u-boot that can supply the parameters file.

It's odd that the bootloader expects u-boot to live at sector 10,000 of thereabouts.  I was trying to compile the bootloader on a Cubietruck but the source modifications require a good knowledge of ARM assembly code and the GNU syntax for in-place assembly code.  This is where my efforts have stopped for the moment.

Cheers,
Steven

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list