Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 1543|Reply: 0

DLNA Music server: OPI Zero Plus + ext. USB 2 Hard Drive (WD)?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-12-13 17:44:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Joe_PS at 2017-12-21 19:21

Hi all,

A couple of day ago I ordered an Orange Pi Zero Plus (OPI0+). I'd like to plug in an external USB 2.0 hard drive (2 TB, Western Digital WDBAAU0010HBK-01). This combination is intended as a 'DLNA (UPnP) music server' to store an stream flac-files, mainly to my network AV receiver. I already converted a lot of CDs to flac.

Therefore, I plan to install Open Media Vault (OMV) and the miniDLNA plugin on the OPI0+. There is an OMV installation/boot image available: OMV 3.0.91 image for OPI0+. (A separate installation of Armbian and OMV Configuration for Armbian is also possible.) The OPI0+ will be connected via LAN directly to a router/switch/hub (Fritz!Box). I'd like to use 'Putty' for accessing the OPI0+ via LAN.

Could this work? What do I have to consider additionally regarding the external hard drive?

Once in a while I will do a regular - careful - shutdown of this mini-NAS (remotely from an iPad or iPhone) via Command Pi, iTerminal, Termius, WebSSH or a similar app ... let's see. What do I need to do for getting an autostart of OMV together with miniDLNA, including auto-mount of the hard drive, when I start the PI by switching the electrical power on?

Any recommendations or tipps?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Joe

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2019-9-21 02:33 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.028757 second(s), 25 queries .