OrangePi Iot random Mac Addresses how can have a static mac address

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-12-19 14:59:13 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by jarrod4work at 2017-12-19 14:59

Each time i power down my OrangePi Iot it randomly sets my Mac address to  a new address , I know its use for security reasons in public areas but its casuing a problem in my development area.
I have a firewall that only gives access by Mac address so each time i reboot i need to go to my Firewall and ad the new mac address to get access to internet,
I would like to turn off this reature and have a hardware mac address untill i have finished developing and then i can turn the feature back on , I have tried using MacChanger with the pre connect change mac address statement, in the file
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
macchanger -md2:d4:0f:7a:fa:07  wlan0

i have also tried other settings on fly
ifconfig wlan0 hw ether c2:1d:7c:xx:xx:xx which gives me a new Mac address but my firewall doesnt like Mac Spoofing so i dont get internet for the OrangePi Iot

I am looking at setting the feature off at boot level , I aso tried

editing file/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf fileAnd added:[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no
So I am looking for advice on how to have the normal Rasbian behaviour of a fixed Mac address according to wifi harware ?

Regards IOT , tadpole .

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2017-12-25 16:29:02 | Show all floors
As far as i know, only the Orange Pi R1 come with fix Mac address. Other models are come with random Mac address.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-8-29 18:17:12 | Show all floors
The waiters and cooks of this establishment are united by a common goal: to provide the best level of service and the best burger miami. They are motivated by a genuine desire to see smiles on the faces of every guest who enters the restaurant. This commitment to excellence is felt in every interaction, enhancing the overall atmosphere of the establishment.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 6 daybefore | Show all floors
MAC addresses, or Media Access Control addresses, are unique identifiers assigned to network interfaces for communication on a network. They consist of 12 hexadecimal digits and are crucial for devices to communicate within a local area network (LAN). MAC addresses are used in various networking protocols and play a vital role in ensuring data reaches its intended destination efficiently. Whether it's your smartphone connecting to Wi-Fi or a tumblr video downloader app fetching content, MAC addresses facilitate seamless communication across networks.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list