Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 4370|Reply: 2

OrangePi Iot random Mac Addresses how can have a static mac address

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-12-19 14:59:13 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by jarrod4work at 2017-12-19 14:59

Each time i power down my OrangePi Iot it randomly sets my Mac address to  a new address , I know its use for security reasons in public areas but its casuing a problem in my development area.
I have a firewall that only gives access by Mac address so each time i reboot i need to go to my Firewall and ad the new mac address to get access to internet,
I would like to turn off this reature and have a hardware mac address untill i have finished developing and then i can turn the feature back on , I have tried using MacChanger with the pre connect change mac address statement, in the file
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
macchanger -md2:d4:0f:7a:fa:07  wlan0

i have also tried other settings on fly
ifconfig wlan0 hw ether c2:1d:7c:xx:xx:xx which gives me a new Mac address but my firewall doesnt like Mac Spoofing so i dont get internet for the OrangePi Iot

I am looking at setting the feature off at boot level , I aso tried

editing file/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf fileAnd added:[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no
So I am looking for advice on how to have the normal Rasbian behaviour of a fixed Mac address according to wifi harware ?

Regards IOT , tadpole .

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2017-12-25 16:29:02 | Show all posts
As far as i know, only the Orange Pi R1 come with fix Mac address. Other models are come with random Mac address.

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2021-11-30 09:48:37 | Show all posts

New Food Retail Agv Advice

What are the primary benefits of Autonomous Mobile Robots

1. Flexibility - Accrorated
Autonomous Mobile Robots are flexible and agile in their automation since they are dependent on their onboard sensors and cameras to function. Autonomous Mobile Robots don't need to follow predetermined routes. They can instead design their individual efficient routes within a facility. This lets them stay clear of the obstacles. Autonomous Mobile Robots are also flexible enough to be changed to perform new tasks in a short time, unlike other automation technologies that require more time and effort to program. Check out this Intralogistics robots info for more.

2. Safety increases
Autonomous Mobile Robots are jammed to the gills with sensors and cameras. They are able to understand and interpret their surroundings. This lets them move efficiently within a building and not have to come into contact with other people, products infrastructure, or any other obstructions. Equipment operated by humans like forklifts do not feature the same safety measures and relies on human input. Autonomous Mobile Robots are not subject to the same risks that human operators do. Human operators can become disoriented or fatigued which can lead to accidents. Utilizing Autonomous Mobile Robots for easily-repeatable tasks thus allows the operation to remove the potential for human error and drastically increase the safety of a facility.

3. Rapid Implementation
Autonomous Mobile Robots can be deployed in just a few weeks, depending on the process. Important here is the picking software and warehouse execution software that the units need to be integrated with. Even for those at the top end of the spectrum this is a relatively short amount of time, particularly when compared to other technologies. It could take upto one year for a goods-to- person (G2P), system to fully operational.

4. Ability to scale
Since Autonomous Mobile Robots are quite simple to implement within an organization, it's feasible to use a modular deployment system--starting with just a couple of units, and adding more as necessary as your company grows and your requirements shift. This means that you don't need to invest an enormous amount of money in the beginning. Instead of buying massive quantities of Autonomous Mobile Robots it is possible to purchase one or two and later expand your fleet. Modular deployment allows you to make use of capital for other initiativeswhile you review and plan your next steps.

5. It's easy to move between facilities
There are businesses that may be reluctant to consider automation alternatives, even though they realize that moving to a new facility in the near future is feasible. This logic makes sense to ask: why would you implement a new system if it will need to be dismantled within the next two years after the new facility is constructed? Autonomous Mobile Robots could be beneficial in situations like these to fill in the gaps. Autonomous Mobile Robots can be deployed quickly and seamlessly between facilities which allows automated processes in the short term. Autonomous Mobile Robots can be utilized by businesses to temporarily run an operation during the holiday season and also for other operations that require a move within the next few years.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2022-1-18 15:09 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.030201 second(s), 24 queries .