View: 8880|Reply: 2

RISC OS Open on Orange Pi PC

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2018-4-7 12:42:46 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi. I'm working on porting RISC OS Open to Orange Pi PC. I'm still in the early stages though. I have made it as far as a CLI, however it isn't that far along right now as extra functionality broke something so I've been hunting bugs.

Most of the action is happening in this directory of the GitHub repository:  https://github.com/experimentech ... OS/Sources/HAL/AWH3

It only contains the files which I've been changing. The OS source tree is available from the official OS website https://www.riscosopen.org/content/

What I have is just my HAL and a few needed config files. It requires a commercial product to assemble / compile, mostly for historical reasons.

Right now I don't have a binary of what I've done available as I'm trying to fix some severe instability / lockups. When I get it back to the stage of making it through startup again I'll add a compiled binary to the repository.
Where I made it to before the slight step back was being able to ge through init ad use a serial terminal to run compiled in programs via its command prompt. It could also load BASIC and run typed in programs.

The filenames and directory structures on the repository look strange because it uses a directory heirarchy and mimetypes for different filetypes. The foo,nnn arrangement is due to the way it preserves mimetypes when files are saved to an NFS shared directory.
If anyone looks at the source and sees an obvious problem, please tell me! I really want to get RISC OS running properly on the Orange Pi SBCs.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-4-21 08:58:30 | Show all floors
Edited by ImmortanJoe at 2018-4-21 16:23

I've been working on this when I get the chance. There is something mysterious that is causing random issues during boot. I might as well list what does work to some degree.

*Kernel
*SVC CLI
*Debug UART (Others untested but implemented).
*USB EHCI
*Interrupts
*Timer
*Various modules loaded at boot.
edit: I forgot.

*BASIC interpreter and builtin assembler.
edit:
* Filesystem access on a USB drive.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-8-6 12:20:59 | Show all floors
It's lacking support for nearly all IO but the actual OS seems to be functioning fine. I also believe it has a desktop running, but has no video driver code, so it's just writing to a framebuffer which I of course cannot see.

Most recently I was working on detecting the amount of RAM, and a simple API for the PIO ports. Haven't finished either yet.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list