View: 6597|Reply: 2

Packet Loss and high latency while gaming on Playstation 4.

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-5-7 16:51:22 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi,

I'm using a bipac 7800N and i am lost with the settings - I have an issue when gaming on the playstation 4 where I experience periods of high latency and packetloss, but only really experience them while the PS4 is connected and its rather regular when playing destiny and battlefield 4.
I have no idea what is causing this and think it maybe down to some setting in the router - It is pretty much at default settings bar giving the Ps4 a static IP using the fixed host option in the LAN configuration, I have also limited the DHCP IP range and given the PS4 a static IP outside of this range.
I have noticed that if I disable Upnp in the router applications still seem to receive ports via upnp also the playstation 4 still gets NAT TYPE 2 - I have no idea if the firewall is enabled can anyone point me to a correctly configured firewall screenshot?
I was wondering if some sort of QoS rules for the PS4 may help? Any QoS settings/suggestions are welcome.
I have no idea where to start with this issue.
one thing I have noticed is that I occasionally receive a message on the PS4 network test informing my that my router does not appear to support IP fragments <-- could this be an issue?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://forum.billion.uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=3872
Animated Explainer Video Company

Thank you.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2022-9-13 21:29:27 | Show all floors
This post was finally edited by Dna30 at 2023-10-10 19:36

This post was finally edited by Dna30 at 2023-10-10 19:35

I always use a price comaprator that shows you the cheapest shops for each quantity. https://gocdkeys.com/en/gamecost/game-key/fc-24 Use the filters to select the desired quantity and go to the cheapest shop that appears... It's as easy as that

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-8-26 18:58:25 | Show all floors
Hello and good evening. There are various intriguing routes in patience, and one of them is simply a spider. I'll be able to figure out this game Gamesbob with the help of good information and a free platform that I can use anytime I want.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list