View: 3295|Reply: 3

4G-IOT Microphones

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-5-26 17:49:32 | Show all floors |Read mode
Is it possible for both the on-board microphone and the microphone in the audio jack to be used simultaneously with two different audio sources?  This is the last question I'm seeking an answer on before I go ahead with a purchase for a large project.

Also, I created a Discord server for people to chat about and share help with Orange Pi products, and other development software/hardware.  You can join it here:

https://discord.gg/N4qyzuf

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2018-5-28 01:25:33 | Show all floors
I have not specifically checked the 4G-IOT, but it is almost always the case that an on-board mic and audio in jack are independent of each other.  I don't have mine plugged in but it is easy to look and see if there are separate audio devices in /sys. From the datasheet diagram there are two I2S channels going to the MT6328. One channel would be for the on-board mics, the other for the audio jack.

Do note the change in the product specifications:
http://www.orangepi.org/Orange%20Pi%204G-IOT/
The cellular on this board does not work in the Americas, and it only supports a single common EU band.
The supported bands are the standard bands used in China.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-5-30 13:56:18 | Show all floors
Hi jonsmirl.  Thanks very much for replying.  It's good to know that there's a very good likelihood of the mic and jack being independent.  Now I just need to work out the pinouts for the 40-pin connector.

I see there are two variants of the 4G-IOT, and they cover different regions of the world.  It might be that I can get coverage as required by switching between models as customers require it.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2018-5-30 20:24:39 | Show all floors
He has not made any of the "optional" band boards. Not clear if he ever will. Plus those aren't the optimal bands for USA anyway.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list