View: 9547|Reply: 23

Unlocking Allwinner's Secrets

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2018-12-19 19:18:14 | Show all floors |Read mode
The secret is that there really aren't many. If anything their hardware is far more accessible than the Broadcom chipsets which have become quite popular. The Allwinner chipsets are based heavily on reference designs joined together into a SoC.
The main reason for this post is to share collected documents

Docs pertaining to Allwinner SoCs

Please feel free to add to it. It's mostly focused around the H3. I also didn't collect anything to do with the partially implemented OpenRisc core for power control.

For quite some time I have been working on understanding the H3 so I could port RISC OS to the Orange Pi PC. Why that? Because I have one.

The link below is to the HAL, which mostly contains code I've written or modified. Anywhere that a Castle license appears, it is now Apache2.0 as major things happened in RISC OS Open recently including but certainly not limited to the changing of license type
RISC OS H3 HAL
The thing about this is I changed some of my code to a BSD license literally the day before their big changes happened. I mostly changed it because having it under the Castle license bothered me because I felt others could benefit from looking at, and using parts of the code.

I think I have an older "working" legacy U-Boot image of RISC OS for the Orange Pi PC in the repository. It lacks many important features, but it does boot and has functionality through a serial terminal. I think USB2.0 also works in that build. I was using it with a USB drive formatted to FileCore with a RISC OS HardDisk4 extracted to it. I know it could also detect mice and keyboards, and suspect that the desktop may have been actually running with a framebuffer, but with no hardware set up to display it.
It is not buildable in it's current form on GitHub, but it may serve as reference.

RISC OS could always use more users and developers. It's a great OS for people who like to play with hardware and software.
RISC OS Open

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2018-12-23 20:54:00 | Show all floors
The PDF's in the doc directory are still locked. There is no way to copy/paste information or no way to print any parts of the PDF
There are just links to PDF's which are available on the Internet. For example,  http://linux-sunxi.org/File:Allwinner_H3_Datasheet_V1.2.pdf

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2022-1-22 14:51:29 | Show all floors
Getting Netflix is a very tedious task if you don’t have the proper method or resource. There are various websites available on the Google SERP, which claims for netflix sign up without credit card

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2024-1-9 18:27:01 | Show all floors
I might point out in which it is a a fantastic submit of your fantastic particular person, now i'm pleased to notice this kind of.        pubblica il tuo ebook

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2024-1-16 19:15:20 | Show all floors
This is usually a superb posting, With thanks to get allowing people this review. Continue to keep writing.        ufa877

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2024-2-4 18:12:31 | Show all floors
It's a very good guide, Bless you designed for issuing all of us this post. Continue advertisment.        транспорт на кола от германия

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2024-2-5 19:55:47 | Show all floors
Cheers to the article along with wonderful guidelines.. perhaps My spouse and i in addition feel that efforts can be the key facet of receiving good results.        상품권 현금화

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2024-2-7 17:38:43 | Show all floors
Fantastic Put up, I'm sure a giant believer through post feed-back concerning webpages towards allow the blog page consultants recognise that they’ve further a specific thing positive towards the web!        カナダ緊急ビザ

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2024-2-22 18:43:17 | Show all floors
Looking for a new recipe to try? Check out this delicious and easy-to-make dish! With simple ingredients and clear instructions, it's perfect for beginners and experienced cooks alike. Give it a try and let us know what you think!        Restaurant Stella

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2024-2-22 21:31:50 | Show all floors
Looking at several hobbies and interests could greatly improve lifestyle suffers from. Farming, a new amazing train, fosters a new more deeply hitting the ground with mother nature. There is beneficial positive aspects even though nurturing lifestyle. Via grape planting vegetables for you to witness to blossoms, the idea cultivates tolerance along with mindfulness. Starting farming cultivates not simply plant life and also an awareness involving happiness along with a good relationship within just one self.        HotAndBestDeals
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list