View: 7076|Reply: 4

Completely portable pi

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-8-18 13:20:57 from mobile | Show all floors |Read mode
I was wondering is there a way to power any orange pi model so that it could be completely portable like those battery chargers. I see for phones would they be safe to use and would they provide enought power if any ideas please let me know as. I want to learn coding and programming while of lunch breaks at my current job at walmart

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-11-7 05:42:26 | Show all floors
Yes, as example if you use a LiPO battery pack and a battery controller board, you can use 3 cells to power a DC-DC converter, as example with 3 Amp capability and supply 5V to OPI board, the battery controller will take care for the battery pack to be charged / discharged and protected from overcharge and undercharge. The setup is not exactly minimalist but it may be used to create a laptop substitute.
I have used a 12V 2A netz adapter to power a DC-DC converter LM2596 which step down the voltage to 5.1V and can drive up to 3A. The output from the DC-DC is soldered to the OPI PC board with short wires. There is an additional 1000 uF cap at the 5V line. The setup works great, so I made the same for my raspberry pi board, now both are hard wired. I don't need to think about connectors.

If this all mean nothing to you then probably you can start with something else if you are still interested just drop a message and I will send more data and some links.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-6-28 09:56:01 | Show all floors
I am interested in learning this circuit. If you can load energy and keep the system running ... it would be amazing.
I saw on a forum that can be loaded this card ... by GPIO port.
Tell me if you are running this system power supply and if you have photos or something. It would also be good to know the plane of the circuit
Thank you very much

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-6-30 09:50:14 | Show all floors
did you try other model?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2022-12-12 22:46:06 | Show all floors
The certified application associate certification is a credential offered by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, which has been around since 1923. The IAM-A is a professional membership organization that represents some 4.5 million workers in the U.S. and offering ivory research review in Canada, including those working on aircraft, oil rigs, ships, satellites and trains.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list