View: 68012|Reply: 28

Android 7.12 ROM for Orange Pi PC (H3)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2019-2-22 02:36:42 | Show all floors |Read mode
Sunveil last year suprised everyone by released an Allwinner H3 based TV box with an Android 7.12 OS.
As it turns out the firmware for the Sunveil TV box will actually work well on an Orange Pi PC with an H3 CPU. It may work on other Orange Pi models as well but I have only been able to test it on an Orange Pi PC with H3 CPU and 1GB RAM as that is all I have access to)

The Sunviel Android OS is free of bloatware and chinese language apps, it is rooted , has the Google Playstore and is in English, so it better than the Android 7 beta that is available from orangepi.org.

It isn't 100% perfect as I did not managed to get it to recognise any WiFi dongles I tried with it, but the Ethernet works OK so you can go online with a wired connection.  I have been using it for about a week using it for Amazon Prime Video, Youtube, BBC Iplayer and it seems pretty stable and hasn't crashed. I also have not had the issue I experienced with video streaming apps on H3droid of the videos freezing but sound carrying on and having to be restarted to play correctly.

As with other Android builds it requires Phoenix card software to flash it onto an SD card.

You can download it from here https://www.computersdealstore.com/download-android-7-12-nougat-for-orange-pi-pc-allwinner-h3/

I am note sure if this can be tweaked to better support the Orange Pi but it works pretty well as it is

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2019-3-7 00:25:12 | Show all floors
Works well, thanks. Everything except wifi and Add account works fine. I coudn't create Google account using Settings > Add account and when creating a new account through Google Play it asks for the telephone number.

I had to remove KDPlayer (Kodi 17.5) before installing Kodi 18.1 Leia and I couldn't activate OK button when uninstalling the app by using air mouse arrow but the buton did work when I disabled arrow and used keys.

The only thing that might be a problem is - one of the cores is always at 100% when checking CPU usage via Kodi.

I tried to enable wifi by the procedure I described a while ago:

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... amp;page=1#pid15991

but that didn't work.

After the first launch there was a notification the SD card has to be formatted and there was an error when I clicked OK but everything works fine.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2019-3-21 18:29:05 | Show all floors
Got to say that I'm really impressed with this ROM!!  I've tried loads on my Orange Pi PC and this just blows them all out of the water.  It's incredibly fast with virtually no lag - for now at least - and Kodi works like a dream, plays 1080p movies flawlessly.  Definitely recommend giving this a go.
I'd be interested to know if it works on any other Orange Pi variants.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2019-3-22 17:22:25 | Show all floors
Is there a way to install it on eMMC in Orange Pi PC Plus?

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2019-3-22 21:33:15 | Show all floors
Not sure if this helps:
http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=720
ROM is basically the equivalent of an MXQ Pro TV box without the WiFi.  Reckon if it could be installed on EMMC you'd have an equivalent unit.
Only other thing I've noticed is that when using a wifi mini keyboard the blue comms light stays on the whole time suggesting it is constantly communicating with the box.  Works absolutely fine but worth noting, presume there's something causing this.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2019-3-22 23:03:57 | Show all floors
Thank you - it works. First post was helpfull.
On eMMC this image works much better than eaven on A1 SD card

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2019-6-10 09:12:02 | Show all floors
If anyone find the way to use the built-in wifi of orange pi pc plus with this ROM? The ROM is awesome, but need the wifi.
Published in 2019-7-14 04:53:53 | Show all floors
Deadlock, How far did you get with this? I tried it last night, looked promising but, no WiFi no WAN, did you get past this if so how?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2019-7-14 19:37:14 | Show all floors
I was able to successfully flash it on Orange PI Plus but I am unable to get Wired Keyboard and Mouse working with it

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2019-9-25 08:26:22 | Show all floors
SO I have downloaded the sunviel image above, burned as startup with phoenixcard, put it in my Orange Pi PC H3, and it reboots after a minute or so repeatedly, has been doing this for about 45 minutes now.. There HAS to be a better image somewhere or I goofed somehow.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list