please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 4633|Reply: 1

Any chance to use a touchscreen on orange pi zero ?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2019-4-27 21:44:41 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello.

I use SPI and HDMI LCDs a lot. With rPis, every thing is fine, ut on opis, I only get video working; I am unable to get the touch layer working.

I mostly use opi zero with kernel 4 branch.

I won't give the very long list of the tons of things I have tried. So, to make it short, does any one got working touch screen on any opi ? Please, be specific about opi model, base image, current kernel, and detailed configuration to get image and touch working.

I currectly have over 10 SPI LCDs, over 20 opi0, 4 HDMI screens, and two opi one. I bought a few more opis, but they won't change the problem.

I usually spend days to get image working fine with SPI LCDs (a few hours with HDMI). Touch layer is not critical for me, but it would be a great plus.

Depending on the project, some opis may need to use 3 or 4 kernel branches. I would need touch for both. For example, kernel v4 is required to get some adressable LEDs (which don't work with kernel v3); but CSI cameras only work with kernels v3 (CSI is actually not implemented in 4.14.18-sunxi, but it said to be reintroduced in 4.14.21 or 4.21 (forgot which one). So I need touch solutions for both branches.

Note that all my LCDs are not identical, and may not all have the same pinout. Details about how to tune parameters, and uncompatibility list are also welcomed. For example, I have Keidei v1, Kedei v3, Keidei v6, Qumat ...

For now, I use GPIO with physical buttons.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2019-9-15 05:12:27 | Show all floors
Up ? :/ . . .

Use magic report

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list