View: 5402|Reply: 3

mPCIE device/port not powered in battery mode - OPi RK3399

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2019-7-18 02:31:05 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi. I'm using an OrangePi RK3399 and if the power supply from the 12V barrel jack is removed, the LTE module connected to the mPCIE port dies. Does anybody know how to make the mPCIE port work while on battery?
The mPCIE dying is due to the port being powered from the main power supply line VBUS from the barrel jack (before the BQ25700a battery charger IC, according to the board's schematics). I don't know why power is not supplied from VSYS like everything else on the board. So, what I've found is that if I want to power the mPCIE port from the battery, the reverse OTG mode from the BQ25700a battery charger IC would need to be set (allowing voltage to flow from the battery to VBUS). The problem is that even if the correct register on the BQ25700a is set, there is a resistor from the OTG Enable pin connected to GND, overriding any software configuration.

Am I missing something or is there no way to mantain the LTE module on the mPCIE port working while powered from batteries?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2021-12-25 18:03:59 | Show all floors
Really informative post! As one of the system integrator, I have tried to power on mPCIe device in battery mode and find some strange behavior. Firstly, please check if your board can successfully boot from SD card via UART console which https://www.essaywritinglab.co.uk/buy-essays-online/ site help students to buy essay work. Keep it up!

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2022-2-23 17:34:12 | Show all floors
I've always been interested in trying my hand at being a student, I've heard a lot and always thought it was cool. Yes, being a student is interesting, but very difficult. I stunk it up when I started getting assignments that I didn't know the answers to. Then I started to get a little worried and didn't know what to do. But after a while, on the advice of a friend I turned to these guys for help. I can recommend them to you, as they are the ones who will write you uk bestessays.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2022-8-19 22:05:29 | Show all floors
This permits PCI Express PHYs in the new sub-states to completely power off their receiver and transmitter logic as it is no longer needed for detection or signaling of link resumption. book writing services
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list