View: 13918|Reply: 3

Orange PI PC VGA nor DVI works

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-10-16 08:03:36 | Show all floors |Read mode
I've tried to get the Orange PI PC to work with an HDMI 2 DVI adapter and it doesn't!  Found a hit or two that it will work with a HDMI 2 VGA adapter.  So today I received the HDMI 2 VGA adapter and can't get it to work either.  Have tried configuring script.bin per a couple of configurations I found on the foums but nothing works.  Will script.bin work with the Raspbian distro?  I'm not convinced I know where to place it on the SD card.  It's too late to get my money back on the Orange PI PC and I have an Orange PI Plus already in shipment.  I don't want to throw both of them in the trash but after wasting 20 to 30 hours trying to get the OPI PC to work with a monitor I'm ready to cut my losses and go onward with the Raspberry PI which works out of the box with HDMI to DVI.  There are others experiencing problems with getting the Orange PI to work with a monitor and there doesn't seem to be a solution.  I really would like to get the Orange PI to work but with a monitor.  It does work with SSH but that's not what I expected when I ordered it.  Will someone please help me get the OPI PC to work with either HDMI2VGA or HDMI2DVI.  I'm OK with either, don't need 1080 HDMI, just would like to use my older Dell monitors which do DVI or VGA.  
Thanks

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-10-16 09:25:13 | Show all floors
I haven't seen anyone post that it works on an adapter.  I've tried quite a bit myself and have had no luck.  This is on of the reasons I wouldn't recommend the orange pi to anyone who just wants to use the device in a manner similar to how you can just an rpi or odroid.  If the issues reported in this forum turn out to be software issues that get resolved, I'll start recommending opi.  But so far the best I've managed is to get my opi-pc running kodi via android with performance that about the same as osmc on my rpi b v1 but the rpi b vi runs it smoother.     
Published in 2015-10-17 01:23:41 | Show all floors
This post has the solution that worked for me with OPI PC and HDMI-DVI cable issue.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-10-19 21:28:10 | Show all floors
I was trying the HDMI 2 VGA adapter on a Dell 19" monitor and couldn't get it to work.  Decided to try a Samsung 920 BM and to my pleasant surprise it works.  The monitor does pop up a message that the resolution isn't optimal 1280x1024 60hz but it does render the screen.  Just tried the link from the prior post and the HDMI 2 DVI cable works with the Samsung monitor.  So I'm much happier now.  My next desire is to get the resolution set for 1280x1024 60hz so that it will work with my Dell monitors.
Thanks alexcon for point me to the solution.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list