View: 6055|Reply: 13

Autonomous Agent and Gateway to Support Ambulatory Medical Practices

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-11-2 02:59:23 | Show all floors |Read mode
Topic for this project is the development of a fully autonomous agent and gateway system as building block for a fully distributed decision support system for ambulatory medical practices.

Background
In most countries all over the world, medical care is provided by a combination of hospitals or hospital-like facilities, and individual, self-contained (ambulatory) medical practices. While hospitals, due to their centralized structure, can take advantage of electronic health records to coordinate treatments and minimize the risk of conflicting treatments for the patients, the risk of treatment conflicts in ambulatory medical practices is by several orders of magnitude higher than in hospitals due to the lack of information exchange.

The Project
I designed a fully distributed information system which can discover which medical offices a particular patient had visited in the past within a specified time frame. This discovery is fully anonymous and relies on the presence of the coordinating software agent in a large number (ideally all) medical offices. To reach this goal, the agent / gateway system must be totally self-contained, autonomous and low cost. The computer system hosting this agent / gateway must be separate from the electronic health record system of the medical practice (for privacy reasons), must have fast network access capability, and must have suitable interfaces and processing power to drive its own specialized database. To ensure high reliability, the system must have low enough power consumption to run for extended hours on backup-battery power.

The Role of the OrangePi
I have searched for a microcomputer to fit the system requirements and feel that the OrangePi Plus is the best fit. The concept had been presented at several conferences and received positive feedback. However the original Linux-based prototype is unsuitable for mass-deployment due to cost, maintenance burden and lack of security. Receiving an OrangePi Plus would be a great help to create and test a deployable unit as seed for a first field trial. Instead of Linux, the OrangePi Plus unit will use the high secure seL4 microkernel.

Single choicepoll, A total of people voted
100.00% (4)
0.00% (0)
Your usergroup does not have voting rights

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-11-23 08:14:52 | Show all floors
The communication technology for this project has a much broader use than just in the described medical application. It creates ad-hoc self-organizing networks without being tied to a specific networking technology. Or in other words, it creates a private, situation-specific networks on top of a general-purpose carrier, like wired or wireless networks.

Other usages are for example crowd-sourcing applications, where contributing nodes join and leave at any time; or the dynamic creation of temporary "social" network groups, or much more.  

Use magic report

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2023-9-8 22:55:16 | Show all floors
Utilizing medications is a crucial component of our health-conscious behavior, and ElementoDeSalud makes it even easier and more accessible. A variety of drugs and medications aimed at preserving and enhancing your health are available here. The affordable drug prices are what truly distinguish movi mob in the industry. The service makes it more affordable to take care of your health by making quality products available at reasonable prices. This makes it simpler to manage your condition and establishes the ElementoDeSalud service as a reliable resource for anyone looking to lead an active lifestyle and keep their health at the highest level.

Use magic report

Published in 2024-3-16 01:52:30 | Show all floors
Spot up for this write-up, I must say i think this excellent website wants much more consideration. I’ll more likely once more to see far more, thank you for that information.        topcer88 slot

Use magic report

Published in 2024-3-21 17:50:26 | Show all floors
Excellent weblog, Just wanted to be able to remark will not really connect to the actual rss supply, you may choose put in the best wordpress tool to the to be able to workthat.        https://betvisa.ac/

Use magic report

Published in 2024-3-27 02:41:20 | Show all floors
Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints for rookie blog writers? I’d really appreciate it.        login topcer88

Use magic report

Published in 2024-3-28 03:17:54 | Show all floors
extremely good post, i certainly enjoy this site, keep on it        login topcer88

Use magic report

Published in 2024-4-15 14:19:30 | Show all floors
Your blog is one of a kind, i love the way you organize the topics.*,”~,        Betechit.com

Use magic report

Published in 2024-4-15 16:46:04 | Show all floors
When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox now whenever a comment is added I receive four emails sticking with the same comment. Possibly there is any way you can get rid of me from that service? Thanks!        film izle

Use magic report

Published in 2024-4-15 19:15:47 | Show all floors
i think that Alicia should have joined the miss usa pageant, she is very beautiful*        make money online

Use magic report

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list