Orange pi pc RetroPie

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-5-4 16:18:08 | Show all floors
Hello there.

Thank you for the links and quote jeancarlo and momo.
As i am totally new, do i need to download & install special packages to make this work?

I would love to create a video tutorial for all other people who want to use emulators on their PI PC,
but for that i would need to get it running myself first.

Would someone be willing to explain this a bit more to me, what to download and where?
I would be really grateful. Thank you kindly!

Best Regards
Fleder

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-5-6 02:51:28 | Show all floors
i will upload a new updated EmulationStation image very soon, if you prefer to wait.

from my facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ ... 20/?hc_location=ufi
--------------------------------------------------------
Based on Wang Matt incredible work, here is Ubuntu 15.10 with Retropie and Emulation Station (ES) ready to go.
https://mega.nz/#!tIllhIYY!4-Zbg ... LRaULIkXVKv9PMnNEkE

Installation instructions are basically the same as other distros

1. This image was created in an Orange PI PC, so you will have to find your specific script.bin and uImage files inside /linux/boot and copy them to boot partition (vfat)
2. After the first boot, you might think you're stuck. You're not. The problem is the keyboard i couldn't get it to work inside ES. So have a gamepad plugged in. If you have issues on autodetection, delete /home/orangepi/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg (that might fix it)
3. Time to resize your partition. Quit ES (press start on your gamepad) or kill it from SSH, then run 'sudo fs_resize', password 00, reboot.
4. Copy your roms to /home/orangepi/Retropie/roms/PLATFORM (i put a readme.txt with hints on how you have to name folders), so the next time you reboot, ES will detect your roms automatically (it will take longer depending on how many roms you have)
5. Retroarch libs, scripts and configs are located in /opt/retropie. I stil don't quite understand well how the config files work. There is a general retroarch.cfg and per-core config files, they probably override the general one. Look inside /home/orangepi/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg and also /home/orange/.emulationstation/es_ files and edit them as you need.
6. Retropie setup is available in /home/orangepi/RetropieForOrangePI/Retropie-Setup folder. Just run 'sudo ./retropie_setup.sh'. I recommend installing the metadata scraper from experimental packages. Boxes, covers and screenshots will appear when you run ES again.

My knowledge is VERY limited, this image is still rough on the edges, so help and feedback is requested, so we can improve compatibility with Orange PI. Couldn't get the keyboard to work inside ES. There are still a lot of broken scripts.

SU password: lala

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-5-7 16:02:23 | Show all floors
@alerino
Thank you so much!
I would like to wait, for my OrangePI PC is still on its way.
Would you mind updating this thread if you are finished? That would be great.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-5-26 20:03:49 | Show all floors

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-5-28 10:05:59 | Show all floors
what is the user name and password for SSH

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-5-28 13:32:06 | Show all floors
Edited by momo at 2016-6-2 13:17

Newer release [retrorangepi-pubuntu.v1.2.hotfix]:
File removed!

user - pi
password - pi
root - admin

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-6-2 03:11:29 | Show all floors
I try download image and I got error "File not found".

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-6-5 12:48:13 | Show all floors
Stevie Whyte updated his version of Retrorangepi v1.4 yesterday.

Here is an update for retropie for Opi. Ive added a few tweaks and cosmetics.
*patched the kernel exploit
*Added a desktop entry to emulationstation
*bluetooth controller support
*ps3 usb and bluetooth controller support
*xbox 360 controller support (you have to run the retropie-setup from the retropie menu and enable xboxdrv)
*changed N64 core from Alerino Reis img, thanks
*Thermal fixes from armbian (a heatsink and fan are recommended)
*Added retropie 3.8 theme updates
*kodi with mpv player as external player with hw acceleration
*samba shares for roms/bios/configs
UPDATE: v1.4
fixed multiple ps3 controllers not pairing and other ps3 bluetooth issues.
fixed black screen error.
fixed the launch script, it now works as it should.
fixed samba network share permissions.
remember to run sudo fs_resize on first boot
Emulators are already installed, just add roms to the correct system folders via samba network share or from the desktop environment. After you have added roms restart emulationstation and they will show up.
All configs are untouched, you will be asked to configure a controller in emulationstation. It will then be automatically configured for all emulators.
you will need a keyboard to navigate kodi (waiting for a 16.1 version with joystick support)
kodi mpv player keyboard shortcuts
run sudo fs_resize to expand filesytem to fit your sd card on first boot
user - pi
pass - pi
root - admin
As usual copy the correct script.bin etc for your board. This will work out the box with a opi One.
Alerino Reis and myself are working on this trying to get the perfect setup. We will keep you updated with any progress we
make

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-6-12 04:06:04 | Show all floors
i hope the guys can bring a full clone of retropie to orange pi, i downloaded the latest (1.4) and tested it on orange pi pc:

- couldn't pair Nitendo Wii U Pro controller via bluetooth, could do that on Raspberry pi with 3.8.1 retropie
- the usb wifi module wasn't detected, i know this wasn't built on top of Armbian, but the wifi module was working on Armbian 5.14
- having kodi with mpv player as external is a good idea, yet it is buggy (mpv or kodi i don't know !, the player won't stop a movie once played, had to kill it through terminal, and even though i hit ctrl+alt+F1, i could still see the movie playing on the terminal ? how on earth i don't know !

i had plans for having an all in one device with orange pi (running openhab, retropie + kodi), but for the time being, i'll just run console applications on orange pi, the whole GUI / GPU stuff on orange pi are half baked

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-6-16 06:54:37 | Show all floors
Edited by gusgh2654 at 2016-6-16 07:24

Retrorangepi v1.4.
it has lots of problems.
first, kodi can't play video and music.
second, psx emulation is not working.

old versions have kodi problems only.
I want to rollback but all URLs dead.