Author: jacer

Cheaper than OPI-PC: OPI-ONE and OPI-Lite are coming!

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-1-7 23:54:51 | Show all floors
Wait, if there is no voltage regulator, how would that work ?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-1-8 00:46:49 | Show all floors
hojnikb replied at 2016-1-7 23:54

I'm just guessing, but chances are, since the board is already getting 5V from the adapter, steve's directly routed it to the SoC, even though I'm not really sure what's happen to he board in case of crummy power....

Published in 2016-1-8 02:09:55 | Show all floors
hojnikb replied at 2016-1-7 23:54

Setting a fixed voltage eg. 1.2V (good for up to 1008 MHz) or 1.3V or 1.5V -- compare with http://linux-sunxi.org/Orange_Pi_PC#CPU_clock_speed_limit

When you use mainline kernel now on OPi PC/Plus then the H3 also runs with 1008MHz @ 1.2V since the necessary driver to talk to the dynamic voltage regulator through I2C aren't working yet.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-1-8 03:48:13 | Show all floors
[quote]   hojnikb replied at 2016-1-7 23:54

Setting a fixed voltage eg. 1.2V (good for up to 1008 MHz) or 1.3V or 1.5V -- compare with http://linux-sunxi.org/Orange_Pi_PC#CPU_clock_speed_limit

When you use mainline kernel now on OPi PC/Plus then the H3 also runs with 1008MHz @ 1.2V since the necessary driver to talk to the dynamic voltage regulator through I2C aren't working yet.[/quote]

It still requires a voltage regulator of some kind to be on the board
Published in 2016-1-8 04:52:37 | Show all floors
Edited by bronco at 2016-1-8 04:54
shahe_ansar replied at 2016-1-8 03:48
It still requires a voltage regulator of some kind to be on the board

Not one but a few of them: http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... d=751&fromuid=29411
The question was what happens to Vcore voltage? On other Orange Pi's there's a programmable voltage regulator accessible through I2C and the CPU's core voltage will be adjusted dynamically based on the dvfs settings (and indirectly based on the contents of the cooler table). It has to be confirmed what happens on Orange Pi One/Lite in this area.

Well, if shipping costs for the One stay below $5 I will know in early February... if shipping costs will be higher it's time for intense indignation and saying good bye to Xunlong ;)

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-1-8 19:17:49 | Show all floors
As some of the members here are speculating  about whether there exists any voltage regulator on new upcoming "OP-1/Lite " , yes there IS one external regulator but its different part number then the ones used in other/present  OPi products .. OP-1/Lite now uses "Sy8113b" which supports "1.1v & 1.3v" operations only ... and that seems sufficient ...  

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-1-8 19:22:53 | Show all floors
Hopefully , it won't be expensive to ship..
Published in 2016-1-8 20:29:31 | Show all floors
Atech replied at 2016-1-8 19:17
As some of the members here are speculating  about whether there exists any voltage regulator on new ...

Thx, according to specs https://www.olimex.com/Products/ ... esources/SY8113.pdf

- no I2C but voltage will be adjusted by two resistors: Vout=0.6*(1+R1/R2)
- 4.5-16V input voltage range

So we'll see which Vout Steven chose when the boards arrive since it's impossible to share these informations with customers before.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-1-8 20:51:38 | Show all floors
Hi Guys, sorry for ask you this directly without any presentation, I an an expert in BigData/Data Warehousing/BI consultant and freelancer.  

I miss an SBC like coming orange pi lite/one , but just for clusters.  A SBC than don't have test connector GPIO, etc., no video, audio, nothing more than Gigabit Ethernet, 1 USB and SD on front side, mSata on the back side, Flash/EMMC maybe not needed in order to let more space for RAM, but yes should have at least 512MB/core, ideal would be 1Gb/core (less than that will be not useful for Data Analysis, an SBC than can be accessed only by LAN by SSH/telnet, etc. at the cheapest price as possible, in order to let people combine a full power orange pi board with this kind of slaves boards.

Optimizing the space would be very important, about to have a version 2 with GPU power GFLOPs, the most possible GFLOPs that can hold, like Intel Tegra K1, Mali, etc.

Is this possible?
Are there anyway that I can have a prototype of this after lunch?

I am trying to develop an MPP system database, like Teradata, Oracle Exadata, EMC2 Greenplum, etc., but need a cluster the needed power in order to do that., for the most of the database/big data need, GPUs are needed for some of the nodes, but for others not.  I think having 2 versions of that kind of boards can be very welcome into the scientific/researchers community as they need a lot of SBC.  The actual boards spend a lot of OS resources and power energy about to having hdmi, etc., they only need to process data, other needs computer power vs less Watt consume, like parallela.org boards or the nvidia jetson TK1 development board, but also this last one it's to big for clusters and crazy expensive.

Looking at the new raspberry zero, make me think a lot about when talking about cluster ALL manufacturer are LOST.

Best regards from Spain.
Varela

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-1-8 21:58:21 | Show all floors
cgvarela replied at 2016-1-8 20:51
Hi Guys, sorry for ask you this directly without any presentation, I an an expert in BigData/Data Wa ...

If that's the case, the OPi Lite or it's brother won't be of any use to you.  Mainly because it has 512MB of ram, so that'd be a 4th of the minimum that you'd need. What you need is going to be quite hard to get.... mSATA is pretty much non existent in this world. If you can cope with the full sized SATA connector, then there might be some, but not much, hope....
You might wanna look into the Banana Pro, the lemaker Hikey or Guitar

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list