Ranked Listing of Android ROMS for each Orange Pi version

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-1-4 14:55:44 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by Dav_Daddy at 2016-5-27 22:02

The bigggest pain point for me personally since I received my Orange Pi (OP) has been trying to figure out which ROMs work with my version of the OP.  What I intend to do here is to create a bit of an index listing all the different Android ROMs which are available for the different Orange Pi boards along with a link to the post where information and links for the ROM can be found.  I will do my best to rank them in order from best/most functional/stable, to the worst/partially functional/unstable.

I only own an Orange Pi PC so I'll have to rely on anecdotal evidence in the rankings for the other boards.  Any feedback is appreciated it would also be great if once this is fleshed out some we could make it a sticky?
ORANGE PI PC

1. Beelink X2 H3. This is the best ROM I've used so far.  Everything works so far on my the OP PC.

Notice:
  • Some users have had problems with installation if they fail to do the following.
  • Full format the SD card
  • Defrag the SD card
  • Flash the image

2. TRONFY X2 Second post down at the link.
Good: clean install without a lot of bloatwear. Good power management  and stable without extra cooling.

Bad: Only 1 USB host works and power button does nothing.

3. Android (Orange OS) This is the image file from the downloads page of the OP site.
* The Google Drive link was broken and the file from Baidao was corrupted with errors. So I have taken it upon myself to upload this file to Mega.

Notice/warning:
  • First of all this ROM comes with a lot of chinese language bloatware.
  • When you first boot into Android the default language is Chinese.  You'll have to Google how to change the language to English or learn Mandarin.
  • When downloading this file Chrome gave me the "Malicious link" warning page.  I have scanned the file with Avast, Malwarebytes, Bit Defender, and VirusTotal.  None of them found anything harmful so it should be fine, I did want to bring it your attention.

4. ZIDOO X1The most recent version can be found in post #15 of the linked page.

Notice:
  • Be sure to check out the original post for installation instructions. ZIDOO X1 Instructions.
  • Only the bottom USB ports work on the OP PC.

ORANGE PI

1. Android For Orange Pi Default Android 4.4.2 from the downloads page on the main site.

Notice:
  • Please note that the Android_for_Orange pi_4.4_beta1 image is not a Orangepi product and only available from an external website

ORANGE PI MINI

1. Android For Orange Pi Mini Default Android 4.4.2 from the downloads page on the main site.

ORANGE PI PLUS

1. TRONFY X2 This appears to be fully functional on OP+

2. Android(H3) For Orange Pi Plus Default Android 4.4.2 from the downloads page on the main site.

ORANGE PI2

1. ZIDOO X1 The most recent version can be found in post #15 of the linked page.

Notice:

2. Lobo Android 4.4.2 Popular ROM!  Many support pages to help tackle just about any issue that may arise.

3. Android For Orange Pi 2 Default Android 4.4.2 from the downloads page on the main site.

ORANGE PI MINI2

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-2-18 23:01:37 | Show all floors
Hello Dav,

Thank you for your list.

I have OPI + 2 and it is not on your listing nor on the downloads. Which model do you think best fit my plus 2?

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-1-5 04:24:18 | Show all floors
ORANGE PI PC

1. Beelink X2 H3. This is the best ROM I've used so far.  Everything works so far on my the OP PC.

I have tried every Android image I could find and Beelink is the best I've found. It is also the only one I found so far to properly support the power switch. If you power down using the icons it will shut down and can be restarted with a click of the power switch. Most others need to be power cycled to restart.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-2-17 11:38:25 from mobile | Show all floors
Have you found any Android versions which I failed to list?

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-2-17 15:30:01 | Show all floors
How about TRONFY X2 on OPiPC? Did you try it?

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-2-18 07:08:07 | Show all floors
cbm80 replied at 2016-2-17 15:30
How about TRONFY X2 on OPiPC? Did you try it?

Good: clean install without a lot of bloatwear. Good power management  and stable without extra cooling.

Bad: Only 1 USB host works and power button does nothing.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-3-15 23:27:20 | Show all floors
As "tiras" I have de same doubt:
Which model do you think best fit my Orange Pi plus 2?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-4-15 15:27:59 | Show all floors
Kortsen replied at 2016-2-18 07:08
Good: clean install without a lot of bloatwear. Good power management  and stable without extra co ...

Added it at #2 in the list. I haven't had much time to play with my OPI lately. When I get the chance I'll load it up and give it a test drive.

Thanks!

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-4-15 15:32:15 | Show all floors
orangepiX@n@n@ replied at 2016-3-15 23:27
As "tiras" I have de same doubt:
Which model do you think best fit my Orange Pi plus 2?

I'm really unsure. I've had some health issues so I haven't had a lot of time to devote to keeping on top of this.

I'll try to track down what the options are and rank them as best I can in the next week or so.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-4-16 00:49:55 | Show all floors
I have Orange Pi pc. No one image on Android system does not work this semple,  except  image with  Kodi fight sport
Zidoo, but  it has problems with subtitles and vertical amplitude of picture:
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list