Author: swordfish6975

Openelec Build for OPI PC and 2 now with HW decoding

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2016-5-9 23:36:07 | Show all floors
I haven't seen anything like that... Do you have any logs (just after applying settings and when starting a program that relies on saved settings).
Published in 2016-5-10 00:09:21 | Show all floors
Edited by chaszim at 2016-5-10 00:17
Dima replied at 2016-5-9 23:36
I haven't seen anything like that... Do you have any logs (just after applying settings and when sta ...

You know, I don't have a log on it, didn't think of it yet. But, I doubt it would show anything, because. The settings remain stable, only available as long as the unit is active. Once you shut down or reboot, then they're lost again. The time issue is different, I'm connecting it to some event sometime after startup, I normally don't notice it till the Guide (iVue) starts reloading it's database. at that point it comes up with "no programming available" which is caused by the clock dumping.
Edit: there's also a couple applications that appear to be stuck, they keep coming back even after removing then through file manager/profiles, and my add-ons/system.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-10 00:48:15 | Show all floors
@chaszim,
which board do you use?

Or better question, is same clock symptom on all boards?
Published in 2016-5-10 03:24:47 | Show all floors
jernej replied at 2016-5-10 00:48
@chaszim,
which board do you use?

Board is: (2x) OrangePi PC (occur's on both boards)
Clock: is entered @ OpenELEC > Config > Network >Timeserver #1 (add "time-c.nist.gov") low ping rate suguested
So, yes, symptom effects both boards.
@chaszim,
which board do you use?

Or better question, is same clock symptom on all boards?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-10 03:34:53 | Show all floors
I have OPi2 board and I'm checking time more often now but I didn't noticed any issue. Can you describe in greater details when that happen?

Anyway, later today I will upload new images and you can check if problem still persist (I pulled latest OpenELEC updates).
Published in 2016-5-10 04:43:16 | Show all floors
Edited by chaszim at 2016-5-10 05:08
jernej replied at 2016-5-10 03:34
I have OPi2 board and I'm checking time more often now but I didn't noticed any issue. Can you descr ...

The simplest way to say the action is iVue reads from their "channel xml list" normally once per day. So, I watching an IPTV channel (through ivue guide), I come out to the guide, to look for another channel, the guide starts it's XML read cycle reading from it's list, and it returns a error, "no programming available". I exit iVue & reload, to the same error message. Exit again and noticed the clock is now reading Jan 31 1969 around 7:30p.m.  
Is that wierd enough? I can notmally go into openELEC's config, to network, and re-enter the time server information. Then re-boot to correct the time error. In entering the time server information, it has to act like, it's saving the line for ths to work. This has happened with the last 3 openelec versions offered.

You can still access other services that are not dependant on time to produce a guide listing. so "FTV guide, iVue guide and similar based guides, are effected.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-10 05:13:26 | Show all floors
I can't and I won't support third party plugins, sorry. There is no guarantee that they are completely compatible. Unless this issue is reproduced with official plugins or clean system, I won't work on this bug.
Published in 2016-5-10 05:32:56 | Show all floors
jernej replied at 2016-5-10 05:13
I can't and I won't support third party plugins, sorry. There is no guarantee that they are complete ...

Well at least you now know it exists, and sorry it's benith you. The guides are an important step, removing the chaos and randomness from IPTV wiewing. It maybe the guides problems are a trigger. But, once it fails it also effects "Weather", you can't view current weather conditions, without a correct time stamp.

Published in 2016-5-10 10:25:04 | Show all floors
@jernej
What is your choice for a "time server"?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-10 13:14:04 | Show all floors
Nothing, it just works. Board is connected through ethernet. After boot, internet works and clock is already syncronized and it stays that way.

BTW, can somebody check if http://linuxtv.org loads properly? If it doesn't I will have to throw out media_build package, which is probably something which I should do anyway.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list