please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 12920|Reply: 7

Android with DVI monitors (and other script bin tweaks)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-3-3 23:13:28 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello,

as user karlitos asked me, i am starting new thread. All credits go to this guy: https://codearetoy.wordpress.com ... ay-on-dvi-monitor/. I am also going to attach files, so you don't have to download 1.2 Gb of linux SDK.

So here are correct linux commands (lets say we made folder inside folder with files named "out", and we are in folder with files):
Copy boot0_sdcard_sun8iw7p1.bin as boot0_sdcard.fex:
  1. cp boot0_sdcard_sun8iw7p1.bin ./out/boot0_sdcard.fex
Copy code
Copy u-boot-sun8iw7p1.bin as u-boot.fex:
  1. cp u-boot-sun8iw7p1.bin ./out/u-boot.fex
Copy code
Copy our fex file:
  1. cp path_to_fex/our_file.fex ./out/sys_config.fex
Copy code
Check the fex with script from SDK (now sure why):

1. ./script ./out/sys_config.fex
Copy code
Make it bin:
  1. fex2bin ./out/sys_config.fex ./out/sys_config.bin
Copy code
Patch sd card boot with script from SDK:
  1. ./update_boot0 ./out/boot0_sdcard.fex ./out/sys_config.bin SDMMC_CARD
Copy code
Patch u-boot with script from SDK:
  1. ./update_uboot ./out/u-boot.fex ./out/sys_config.bin
Copy code
Change folder to "out" and write results to sd card with working android (i tried official OPI PC and ZIDOO X11):
/dev/sdx should be your device, be carefull:
  1. cd out
  2. sudo dd if=boot0_sdcard.fex of=/dev/sdx bs=1k seek=8
  3. sudo dd if=u-boot.fex of=/dev/sdx bs=1k seek=16400
Copy code

You can also pack this files to android image i guess (still have to try) with imgrepacker. Have fun!

Offtopic: my OPI-PC is slow with android, i guess the problem is class 4 sd card? I get only around 4-5 MB/s writing speed on my pc. Thanks.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-3-4 01:21:36 | Show all floors
First, thank you very much for your effort
Copy our fex file:
  1. cp path_to_fex/our_file.fex ./out/sys_config.fex
Copy code
Can you please explain what si ment by our fex file and how to get it? Should I use the ImgRePacker to extract the image and use the sys_config.fex ? Thank you!

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-3-4 03:20:54 | Show all floors
karlitos replied at 2016-3-4 01:21
First, thank you very much for your effortCan you please explain what si ment by our fex file and ho ...

Use fex file that suits you. You can use sunxi orange pi .fex, which should help you to keep processor cooler. If you extract an android image, there is fex file already, you can use that. You need to add following lines under [hdmi_para] in fex file to be able to use it on DVI:
  1. hdcp_enable = 0
  2. hdmi_cts_compatibility = 1
Copy code
That thing is already discussed here on forums, here for example: http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... wthread&tid=475Here is sunxi orange pi pc fex file :https://github.com/linux-sunxi/s ... ng_orange_pi_pc.fex

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-3-4 05:44:53 | Show all floors
Use fex file that suits you. You can use sunxi orange pi .fex, which should help you to keep processor cooler. If you extract an android image, there is fex file already, you can use that. You need to add following lines under [hdmi_para] in fex file to be able to use it on DVI:

Ok, well what is the difference between the above procedure and Extracting the image with ImageRePacker -> editing the sys_config.fex -> packing the image again, burning with PhoenixCard ?

I am asking, because I already tried that on the Zidoo X1 image and it did not work. I used previously the Custom Beelink X2 v204k4 image, but that contains already the hdcp_enable/hdmi_cts_compatibility in the sys_config.fex file. And I had a feeling, that whatever resolution I set up in the sys_config.fex it will not be used.

I try to adapt the FEX from the Zidoo X1 image with the above prucedure and will report my results.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-3-4 08:09:01 | Show all floors
It is completely different file. With this procedure, sys_config.fex is compiled to bin and patched into boot0_sdcard.fex, and u-boot.fex. You are actually changing this files from android image, nothing else. As far as i know, modifying sys_config.fex does nothing for roms that i tried.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-3-6 04:26:02 | Show all floors
I can confirm that the above posted steps worked for the Zidoo X1 image. I wonder if the step:
  1. fex2bin ./out/sys_config.fex ./out/sys_config.bin
Copy code

is necessary, because the previous step (the verification script) creates the sys_config.bin anyway.

I put the command in one bash script, so the process can be used more easily. The syntax is:
  1. ./updateScriptBin.sh fexFileName.fex DeviceIdentifier
Copy code

e.g.: ./updateScriptBin.sh orangepipc.fex mmcblk0

Anyway I realized that the Android Image for the Orange Pi PC completely ignores the set-up resolution and supports only the 16:9 resolution modes. I think it has to be hard-coded in the Android image/drivers. I ha the same issue with the Beelink Image.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-12-3 18:30:42 | Show all floors
how to do all the same for the EMMC?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-12-11 05:05:31 from mobile | Show all floors
i cant  understand commands and how to do it. is this instructions works with loboris image on forum. Anyone can explain step by step please?
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list