Create an Access Point

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-4-25 17:02:47 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by xwalter at 2016-4-25 17:06

after many controls , my opinion is that orange pi plus 2 has the driver of wifi already connected to the system , using debian jessie .
with Network Manager I can see my local wifi, managed by the router , over the both wlan 1 and wlan2 .
I try to connect but nothing .....
My problem is I want to create an access point to run on my orange pi . By using Network Manager I'm trying to do different configurations but nothing
From the bottom right option I create a new wifi net and then I can see this net

It seems the net has no power .....
My new wifi net name is karolwifi ....

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-4-26 09:09:19 | Show all floors
Now I'm trying with  hostapd and dhcp or udhcpd ....but into the /etc/network/interfaces  I think to do something . on not ?  

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-4-26 19:46:53 | Show all floors
with Raspberry and BeagleBone there are no problems to set and start an access point wifi .
With orange pi plus 2 is mission impossible.
I don't know what is the stupid problem , other board just some setting into some files and finish but not orange .
This is very bad for my money investments .
There is a wifi on board , I have already change the antenna with a new one but orange just only scan the other wifi without to connect them , and not access point . The device and driver say there AP , but doesn't work
Several months of research without discover the issue .
And nobody know what to do , orange pi support very bad ...but they sell the board as "Server wifi " ....very bad company I don't like you , jou just only sell a bad copy of raspberry because raspberry runs but not orange ......almost 50 euro into the water closed ....

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-4-26 19:50:42 | Show all floors
the support team has to resolve this issue on Debian Jessie  
I don't want to restart from zero and install an other stupid linux kernel as armbian or else
Orange pi sell this board with antenna and wifi and tehy have to solve this problem
I don't like your system and I don't like your way to sell .
Yo have to help me to solve the wifi access point problem ;)

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-4-26 23:31:03 | Show all floors
xwalter replied at 2016-4-26 12:50
the support team has to resolve this issue on Debian Jessie  
I don't want to restart from zero and  ...

@xwalter

I completely understand your frustration with the missing support from the OPI seller(s) and the dismal state of the software promoted but not delivered. Your best bet is probably Armbian. There is no guarantee that wireless will fully work ( drivers, hostapd etc.. ) but your chances are probably better than expecting any answers from the official Orange Pi site. I'm using several cheap wifi dongles ( a suitable driver had to be compiled and configured first ) on OPI ONEs accessing a router, no luck with AP mode yet. I'm sort of counting on kernel 4.x for better drivers but development is not at that point yet. Best of luck to you !

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-4-27 00:43:45 | Show all floors
Rodolfo ,
I tryed yesterday with armbian but there are a lot of problems ....

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-4-27 01:16:57 | Show all floors
Edited by igorpec at 2016-4-26 18:23
xwalter replied at 2016-4-26 17:43
Rodolfo ,
I tryed yesterday with armbian but there are a lot of problems ....

Onboard wireless chip does not works as it shuld, AFAIK this problem is on all images. Drivers are crap and sometimes takes time before they are fixed. Beware that this particular chipset is dirt cheap and performances will not be comparable to router or some better quality chipsets. We provide latest and patched hostapd for extended functionality and all chipsets. You won't get this elsewhere by default.

Otheriwse I want to know what kind of problems did you have with our OS? Most of them are related to bad board auto detection and if board fails to autodetect properly, it does not work o.k. We are still develping solution for this, but workarounds exists.

P.S.
One more things to mention. Network manager used to have some serious bugs in this section, so you need to check if installed version is o.k.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-4-27 05:14:09 | Show all floors
It seems that everithink are ok , driver , interface , wifi board , AP support and else .
Now I try to remove network manager connection with  wicd .....
When I create a new wifi net by using network connection (manager) I can see the image above , with the new net icone radio but not powered ...the device driver doesn't connect the rest of the components ...but apparently it seems ok ...this is the problem
i don't want to create router , I want to create just a simple access point to connect several android app and manage my home automation project , from Arduino Due to orange pi is my target
I have choosen orange pi because it allows me to have a lot of services , database, php , access point , media , GPIO , I2C ...it is more powerfull theb arduino due with too much shields and library .
I have choosen orange pi plus 2 to have more ram , cpu , linux to build big project ....

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-4-27 05:43:12 | Show all floors
with Lubuntu , after two clicks I create a new net wifi and I can see it with android wifi scanner. Of course not possible to connect it because the hostapd isn't installed .
The wired network doesn't work even if the /etc/network/interfaces is written correct .
It means that board , antenna and HW are ok or let me say ...something is there ....
Now i try with Ubuntu .....

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-4-27 07:31:12 | Show all floors
with Ubuntu vivimate is an other disaster , in this case orange pi doens't allow me to use the mouse and the keyboard and I cannot to login ...
I think the orange pi is a big disaster , I have to stop my project and fail
Thank a lot orange pi ! Your company is very strong and serious to make disaster and create deseases
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list