Opi Plus 2 no ethernet

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-5-3 21:12:51 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello,

I received my orange pi plus 2 , but after trying ALL images there to download several SD, ethernet wires, compile kernel, etc. I always get the same answer:gmac0 : PHY not found !I read everything in this forum about solving the problem , but I have not managed to make it work.If I use the script.bin for OPI + the message that returns me the kernel is " gmac0 : PHY not found" and if I try with another script.bin for another IPO the answer is " Error while initializing " .Therefore , I think my OPI +2 is broken.Has it happened to someone else?

Thank you very much.

Published in 2016-5-3 23:14:14 | Show all floors
Try this...

http://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-plus/

it doesnt matter plus or plus2..

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-5-3 23:41:38 | Show all floors
@MaqcBreaker thank you for your response, but, as I said in the first post, I've tried all the images, compiled several kernel mainline and legacy, with no luck.
I'm afraid the RTL8211E chip is broken because ethernet connector leds do not light on at any time.
It is possible to replace this chip?

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-5-6 07:02:11 | Show all floors
Before you consider it broken, read this: http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... &extra=page%3D3

And load the correct driver.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-5-6 14:34:25 | Show all floors
Thank you @lex, but that I have already tried, and not a matter of load the appropriate driver. The driver gmac0 message is " No PHY found!" . This may mean that the RTL8211 chip has not been found becaruse is broken.
I measured with a Fluke the ethernet connector and is dead.
As I said earlier, I tested all distributions there, I have compiled several kernel, and even activate the internal PHY SoC, but no way. I know what I do because I 'm Linux administrator and I have compiled many kernel in my life.
It seems I'm the only one with this problem, so I think my OrangePi Plus 2 is defective.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list