Is my Orange Pi Plus 2 bricked???

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-5-29 13:29:21 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi,
Ive tried plenty of images on my Orange Pi Pluse 2 board. Now its been my 8th image ive tried till now. I wish to ask you guys if my board is bricked.
Im currently using a power supply rated at 5v @ 4amps. Ive got Raspberry Pi, Udoo quad, Wandboard quad, Dragonboard which worked pretty much out of the box with this Power supply. I use 16gb SanDisk class 10 SD cards.
As instructed ive loaded the image onto the sd card. Got rid of all the files on boot drive into a folder then copied uImage_OPI-2 and script.bin.OPI-2_1080p60 and renamed the two to: uImage and script.bin respectively. Ive also tried the same with OPI-PLUS files too.
What happens when I load the SD card is that the Red Led stays on for 3-4 seconds and then off and this happens in a loop.
What might be the problem ???

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-29 14:07:23 | Show all floors
Do you have any other SD card around? Get a serial console and see what's happening.

Have you tried Armbian yet?
http://www.armbian.com/download/

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-5-29 20:05:11 | Show all floors
igorpec replied at 2016-5-29 14:07
Do you have any other SD card around? Get a serial console and see what's happening.

Have you trie ...

Hi igor,
my bad. The power supply was faulty because of which the orange pi used to reboot. Im using a benchtop supply now and everything seems to be working just fine. Ive tried android as well as debian OS and both seem to work well. As per your request with Armbian ive just completed the download, will try it next.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-6-2 15:11:21 | Show all floors
str@ng3r replied at 2016-5-29 20:05
Hi igor,
my bad. The power supply was faulty because of which the orange pi used to reboot. Im us ...

Hey Guys,

I guess i have crossed my line this time. Initially in this post I had mentioned I was using a USB based Power Supply which wasn't powering the Orange Pi Plus 2.
Now Ive switched to a desktop computer SMPS which is rated at 400W. It worked fine for a couple of days. Yesterday I happend to connected an amplifier demanding 12V supply. I provided the same using the same SMPS maintaining the ground common. While doing so i happend to short the 12V supply, due to which the entire SMPS shut down. After which i powered the SMPS again and checked that my amplifier works just fine but my Orange Pi won't boot at all, no sign of any LEDs flickering at all. What do you suggest has happend in this case ??? I checked the 3.3V regulator on the Orange Pi board which show proper 3.3V output. Also checked the test point for signs of faulty readings but every test point read the right values.

Is there any fuse on this board which may have seemed to blown off which i could replace ???
Is there any way i could get my board back to life ???

Let me know if you need any more additional information.

Regards,
Nelson
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list