PC2 will not power on - no lights, no ethernet lights, no uart comm

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-12-28 10:25:23 | Show all floors
Hello,

I had the similar issue but looks like Orange PI PC 2 is bit different. You would need the correct image to power it on.

After a long conversion in aliexpress, finally they gave me this url which worked

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... &extra=page%3D1

Please try it guys it works

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-12-28 22:30:07 | Show all floors
Please read with understanding: TWO IDENTICAL PI PC2 BOARDS ON THE TABLE. One working fine, powering on, runing software, second one do nothing on the same setup, its broken, arrived DOA.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-12-28 22:31:03 | Show all floors
Please read with understanding: TWO IDENTICAL PI PC2 BOARDS ON THE TABLE. One working fine, powering on, runing software, second one do nothing on the same setup, its broken, arrived DOA.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-2-17 07:49:24 | Show all floors
<RANT>
Wow.  Just wow.  Good luck with warranty, replacement, etc. as nobody understands (or cares) that there could actually be defective hardware!

I guess if you want ONE orangepi product that works, order TWO, then you SHOULD get one that actually works.

Not happy with these guys.

My one lost it's HDMI output, and all they can say is try another power supply, try a different image, etc. when it was working perfectly fine, the screen blanked and returned a few times, finally went black to never function again.

My oPI PC works perfectly fine in the same setup.  (obviously this one has a card with a PC image on it instead of a one image) but the attitude of "you are an idiot and don't know what you're doing" is a horrible way to run a business!

I won't be purchasing any more of their products, will go back to my Pine and my Banana, and say no to the orange products from now on.

Crappy products, crappy support, crappy images, crappy company.
</RANT>

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-17 14:19:04 | Show all floors
Unfortunately it's true that most of problems are because users doesn't follow guides like this: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started ... they use first cable, old and bad SD card they find and use not sufficient or broken PSU. Images from board makers are crappy. Yes it's true, but all makers share this problem. That's the main reason we start Armbian project.

I have a pile of boards and I had not a single failure.

Support for most developers boards is community base or it's not existing. Oranges are well covered, while Bananas and Pine ... well just check If you expect a top support for a product, which you bough for 10 USD ... you must be joking.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-17 19:03:12 | Show all floors
Same here, op+2e arrived dead, and Steven Zhao only pose questions to take time and don't replace it.
And at this point, i only want a refund, i'm not interested in a cooperetion with a silly company.
I pointed my clients from op to ras-pi, and in less than 1 year they bought a bit less than 250 pieces, and they are really happy, overall for the support they receive from the community. (Consider that on 238 units only 2 were fault, and they were replaced in 2 weeks).
As Dante said.. "You, who are entering this place, lose all hope."
OrangePi A20, with Qbee-X_testing

Still waiting for refund/replacement of no working op+2e bought on 11/11 >_<...really serious company

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-3-31 19:21:59 | Show all floors
Same problem as you and Steve Zao = bot on Aliexpress - only reply - send video, try another card, try another power supply etc etc. Very *hit product . I report him to Aliexpress company .

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-4-15 03:06:06 | Show all floors
hey check this video out for a solution https://youtu.be/-njzaDO8xPE
Return to list Post new posts
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list