please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
Author: admin

A new board with Bluetooth and SIM card function!

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-1-9 16:30:07 | Show all floors
Tina replied at 2017-1-9 09:21
Are there any specs to this board? The photos show a RDA 8810PL chip.
It appears that it is a single ...

RDA8810PL                                            
Key Features
1.ARM cortex-A5 1.0GHz processor
2.GSM/GPRS/EDGE modem
3.2Gb LPDDR2 SDRAM & 4Gb Nand flash integrated
4.800 x 480 (WVGA) resolution
5.2.0Mpix camera
6.720p video playing & 640x480 (VGA) video recording

Here is a prooflink: http://www.rdamicro.com/products/Detail_403.aspx

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-10 00:26:23 | Show all floors
Connection of Li* Batterys possible? The SoC has these Function, so please use it!

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-1-10 04:39:33 | Show all floors
YAY - another board that will have terrible support(if any at all). How about helping those of us with some of your other boards with some support and working images - although the PC2 images don't even download so I guess it doesn't matter.

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-1-10 11:06:20 | Show all floors
Thanks for all friends suggestion at the name and software. Xunlong would rename the new board into ORANGE PI 2G-IOT. Regarding at the software, Xunlong team will put more effort and also hope receiving suggestion and advice from all of you!

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-10 23:15:06 | Show all floors
The new board(s) will still use allwinner's cpu, or may be we can have more supported ones and a different gpu?
OrangePi A20, with Qbee-X_testing

Still waiting for refund/replacement of no working op+2e bought on 11/11 >_<...really serious company

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-1-14 02:27:56 | Show all floors
Oh! That's really great!
Definetely, you should add the boards that you are planning to release at your site to let the others chance to check these out!
And, is it possible now to get some more info. As I see, there isn't an Allwinner chip, according to a previous messages it's a RDAmicro's one.
I think, that it would be great not for novices in microcomputers and IOT - according to the posts above, it won't have a specifications of desktop microcomputer, it's suitable for evaluating and producing the projects, made on other versions of Orange Pi.
Yeah, that's seem interesting. I think, that if the price would be affordable, even if there will be some problems, I'll probably buy that boards, because now I know, where they can be used, and I don't afraid the problems with linux support.
So, thanks for information, will wait for production.

And yes: as i understood, you're really interested in making a smart and powerfull device for IOT, but I can't see any battery jack's and charger circuit. The real "microcomputer for IOT", as I think, should have: battery power, lots of interfaces, RTC with backup battery (or jack for it) and the PoE is always welcome in such projects. I see the lots of interfaces (WiFi/BT/Ethernet), but there seems to be not able to power the board from a battery or by a PoE on a cable (I can't see the parts, which indicated PoE), and if there's no constant and self-contained power supply, the clock will be reset after each power down. But, in IOT, could be not available to grab the current time from an NTP after a power-down. So, the basic onboard RTC (like DS1307, or, the better, DS3231) with ability to connect the backup power source won't make the board much more expensive, but will make it a really powerfull base, which could be used in a real IOT projects, I think!

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-8 13:38:11 | Show all floors
Any news about release date?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-2-15 00:53:33 | Show all floors
Any updates? When this board will be introduced on the Orange Pi site? What's the cost?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-3-3 23:48:49 | Show all floors
Any word on the availability ?
Seems like a very interesting board.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-3-17 01:06:37 | Show all floors
I am waiting for this machine because I really need something on this form factor (not necessarily the SIM part).

From my perspective, the SMB market it is not mature enough yet.  In some way it is similar to the Apple II times, where a lot of makers were creating estrange and, some times, exotic creatures.

Later, Apple and IBM made better foundations and the Micro computer solid market was created.  So, to have all these alternatives it is important, because we are figuring where to use them.  Today's world it is very different and to have different form factors it is important to define the future for this important type of technology.

Not all these machines will survive, but technology works as this way around us, including cars, planes, refrigerators, etc.  Let's see what the future will paint :-)
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list